Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Highlands

Nancy

Feb 9, 2002, 9:36 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1050 views)

Shortcut

Morelia and area

Can't Post |
A friend and I are contemplating a visit to your area to scope out the possibility of bringing a small group (5-6) for a tour. Is there enough places of interest to fill up five or six days in that area? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Muchas Gracias.

jennifer rose

Feb 9, 2002, 12:13 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1053 views)

Shortcut

Morelia and area

Can't Post |
Are there enough places to while away your days in the area? 5 or 6 days isnít enough to do and see everything from a base in Morelia! Morelia alone has the newly spruced-up Centro Historico (it takes a lot of time and money to keep it looking old), museums, galleries, concerts, parks, the Conservatory of the Roses, churches, a constant slate of events at the Casa de la Cultura, Casa de Artesanias, the markets, and plenty of just hanging out soaking up the atmosphere. Just for Morelia alone, scroll down on this very board where folks have listed some of the many must-sees in Morelia.<p>Off to the east are the butterfly refuges, and even when the butterflies arenít in town, Angangueo merits a trip in and of itself. And then thereís Los Azufres.<p>To the west are Capula, Quiroga, Tupataro, Cuanajo, Patzcuaro, Tintzuntzan, Santa Clara de Cobre, Zirahuen, Tocuaro, Tocuaro, and even more along the shores of Lake Patzcuaro.<p>Farther west are Tingambato, Uruapan, Paracho, Angahuan (the mirador to Paricutin), and Ziracuaretiro (my latest favorite town). <p>And thatís just a start. I donít think boredom will be an issue.<p><p>

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4