Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Highlands

Armando Abarca

Apr 12, 2002, 3:00 AM

Post #1 of 1 (1062 views)

Shortcut

Need help finding a landmark in Los Reyes

Can't Post |
Hello, I'm looking for information on a landmark in Los Reyes, Michoacan. My Grandfather (Jesus Abarca Higareda 1917-2001) was the Chief of Police in Los Reyes on or about 1939-40. According to family legend, the city hall was built at the time that he was Chief of Police. I've been told that there is a plaque on the building dedicating the City Hall and listing city officials at the time, including my Grandfather. If anyone can confirm this for me, it would be a great help. If you happen to live near enough to the city hall, or you are planning to go there on vacation, and you can take a picture of the plaque (if it exists, that is) and e-mail it to me, I would be very greatful.<p>Also, My GreatGrandfather was Alberto Abarca. He accidently shot himself and died around 1934. He had 4 sons (I think). They all eventually moved to Tijuana B.C. I'm not certain of my Great Great Grandfather's name, but it might have been Agustine Abarca. If you are a decendant of his, we are distant cousins and I would love to communicate with you and share family history. <p>Thank you for your time.
Sincerely, Armando Abarca

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4