Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Highlands

Robert

Jun 4, 2002, 11:13 AM

Post #1 of 6 (5626 views)

Shortcut

"Fiesta" hotel

Can't Post |
Have been told to saty at the Fiesta motel in Morelia but can't seem to find any information..has it been renamed??Thanks.

jennifer rose

Jun 4, 2002, 11:24 AM

Post #2 of 6 (5622 views)

Shortcut

"Fiesta" hotel

Can't Post |
Yep, it's still around.

robert

Jun 4, 2002, 12:01 PM

Post #3 of 6 (5622 views)

Shortcut

"Fiesta" hotel

Can't Post |
: Yep, it's still around.<p>care to compare to other local comparably priced locations?? Have been told to try the Holiday Inn Express, Holiday Inn etc but interested in others if you recommend..have family there in school and coming down to visit..thanks

jennifer rose

Jun 4, 2002, 12:49 PM

Post #4 of 6 (5623 views)

Shortcut

&quot;Fiesta&quot; hotel

Can't Post |
Of the lot youíve mentioned, the Holiday Inn Express is the least costly. It has no dining facilities. <p>The Holiday Inn and the Fiesta Inn both have swimming pools, and both are across from shopping centers. I think the restaurant at that Fiesta Inn is much better. The Fiesta Inn has more on-site shops such as a newsstand and a barber. The Holiday Inn is about 5 years older than the Fiesta Inn, although itís been renovated. If morning exercise is important to you, the Fiesta Inn is a better choice, situated in a park surrounding the planetarium and the convention center. But if browsing Sanbornís magazine rack is a factor, the Holiday Inn is right across the street. The coffee shops at Fiesta Camelinas, the shopping center closest to the Fiesta Inn, are the best in town. Itís frankly a toss of the peso, but among the three, Iíd opt for the Fiesta Inn.<p>The Fiesta Inn has 250 rooms, mas or menos, and has 4 stars. The Holiday Inn has 5 stars and 120 rooms. The Holiday Inn Express has 4 stars and 80 rooms.<p>My favorite still is the Villa Montana. Depending upon the length of your stay, and its occupancy rates, you may be able to secure a special rate.<p>

robert

Jun 4, 2002, 7:45 PM

Post #5 of 6 (5625 views)

Shortcut

&quot;Fiesta&quot; hotel

Can't Post |
: Of the lot youíve mentioned, the Holiday Inn Express is the least costly. It has no dining facilities. <p>: The Holiday Inn and the Fiesta Inn both have swimming pools, and both are across from shopping centers. I think the restaurant at that Fiesta Inn is much better. The Fiesta Inn has more on-site shops such as a newsstand and a barber. The Holiday Inn is about 5 years older than the Fiesta Inn, although itís been renovated. If morning exercise is important to you, the Fiesta Inn is a better choice, situated in a park surrounding the planetarium and the convention center. But if browsing Sanbornís magazine rack is a factor, the Holiday Inn is right across the street. The coffee shops at Fiesta Camelinas, the shopping center closest to the Fiesta Inn, are the best in town. Itís frankly a toss of the peso, but among the three, Iíd opt for the Fiesta Inn.<p>: The Fiesta Inn has 250 rooms, mas or menos, and has 4 stars. The Holiday Inn has 5 stars and 120 rooms. The Holiday Inn Express has 4 stars and 80 rooms.<p>: My favorite still is the Villa Montana. Depending upon the length of your stay, and its occupancy rates, you may be able to secure a special rate.<p>Thanks for the info...one additional question..are these places air conditioned? most don't mention it except for the H.I. and the H.I.Express..here in the states that's a big concern...is it needed/desirable in Morelia?? Thanks, robert<p>

jennifer rose

Jun 4, 2002, 8:16 PM

Post #6 of 6 (5625 views)

Shortcut

&quot;Fiesta&quot; hotel

Can't Post |
From this time of year until next April, air conditioning isn't needed in Morelia. While I've never inspected their system, I would presume that the Fiesta Morelia has air conditioning. The Villa Montana doesn't, and doesn't require it.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4