Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

JimRoss

Sep 17, 2003, 7:48 AM

Post #1 of 6 (963 views)

Shortcut

Hamburgers & Big George Grill

Can't Post |
Tried Big George Grill on Uncle Jack's suggestion in this form and excellent review in current Lake Chapala Review (page 22). Great food and prices. Tastes like US style charcoal pit without the grease due to cooking on Grorge Foreman Grill. Understand chili receipt is based on 5 time chili Cookoff winner. Finally a new resturant offering something unique.

PeggyS

Sep 18, 2003, 12:36 AM

Post #2 of 6 (907 views)

Shortcut

Re: [JimRoss] Hamburgers & Big George Grill

Can't Post | Private Reply
And how about the yummy BBQ beef sandwich, and the drinks for 80 pesos. We'll see you there, Jim.

Uncle Jack

Sep 18, 2003, 6:06 AM

Post #3 of 6 (892 views)

Shortcut

Re: [JimRoss] Hamburgers & Big George Grill

I ran into the owner at the tianguis on Wednesday. He was very happy to be open again after a sudden and unannounced closure by the landlord for remodeling of the adjacent art gallery. He told me that Tuesday (Sept 16th) had been one very busy day and that he had to send out several times for more supplies......mostly hamburger buns.

Anyone who has never owned a restaurant doesn’t know what long hours and hard work really are.

uj

johanson

Sep 18, 2003, 9:51 AM

Post #4 of 6 (867 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Uncle Jack] Hamburgers & Big George Grill

Ok folks. I have been reading about the food, but I guess I wasn't paying attention when you said where this place is. I'm about to come back. Could you tell me where this eatery can be found?

Thanks

Uncle Jack

Sep 18, 2003, 11:17 AM

Post #5 of 6 (860 views)

Shortcut

Re: [johanson] Hamburgers & Big George Grill

It's on Colon about 1/2 a block north of the plaza on the other side of the street.

uj

johanson

Sep 18, 2003, 11:53 AM

Post #6 of 6 (848 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Uncle Jack] Hamburgers & Big George Grill

Thanks Uncle Jack

Pete

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4