Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

3Tier

Aug 31, 2003, 5:51 PM

Post #1 of 3 (2724 views)

Shortcut

Mazatlan-Work and retire

Can't Post |
I have been to Mazatlan 12 years ago, and will be going back in November 2003. I'm not of retirement age, but I know I will be retiring in Mexico. I just went to Los Cabos (Too expensive from what I saw, even Todos Santos). I also want to go to Lake Chapala etc, and yes I'm learning Spanish. My pipe dream would to be to have a business in Mexico and ultimately retire there. Anyone have any ideas where this can be accomplished? I'm not rich, but I'm self employed so I already know what is needed to run a business. I realize there are lot of variables, and I'm not opposed to selling tourist items. I just want to live in Mexico, and if I have to wait so be it, just exploring all my options. Anyone work in Mexico? Thanks for your responses. Mike

Marlene

Sep 2, 2003, 8:53 PM

Post #2 of 3 (2682 views)

Shortcut

Re: [3Tier] Mazatlan-Work and retire

Can't Post | Private Reply
Mike,

You really need to come down and spend some time, figure out what sort of businesses are lacking here, and link up with the folks that can help you jump through the business hurdles. They can be tricky (the hurdles, not the folks).

I am not retired and have figured my niche(s) in Mazatlan. There are a few of we foreigners here that have successfully started respectable, necessary enterprises. One thing we really do need that I would consider, but don't want to be tied to, is a mini-storage facility. (My businesses allow me total freedom from regular hours, albeit ALOT of time on the computer) We don't have a storage facilty and with the snowbirds coming and going, this bears looking into as a possible successful biz venture. No more restaurants and bars please! They are losing their shirts.

Good luck.

Esteban

Sep 3, 2003, 7:54 AM

Post #3 of 3 (2655 views)

Shortcut

Re: [3Tier] Mazatlan-Work and retire

Can't Post | Private Reply
Believe it or not, the city of Mazatlan has made starting a business MUCH easier now as of about 2 months ago. The bureaucracy has been modified and streamlined like never before. If you don't speak Spanish it's much easier to have someone walk you through the process. Of course you'll also need an FM-3 which is easily obtained through Migracion as their system has also been streamlined. If you need help, I know of someone with a LEGAL business who will walk you through the sytem. Email me privately and I'll give you his name and email address.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4