Forums  > Areas > Central Highlands

mexigrl

Aug 19, 2003, 8:49 PM

Post #1 of 7 (899 views)

Shortcut

Location of Colonia Guadalupe in SMA?

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hi,

Wondering if anyone can pinpoint this area for me? I am looking at 2 apartments there, the management companies say that they are about a 15 minute walk from the center. Does that sound right? Do you know anything about this particular area?

Gracias!

Mexigrl

Brian

Aug 19, 2003, 10:25 PM

Post #2 of 7 (894 views)

Shortcut

Re: [mexigrl] Location of Colonia Guadalupe in SMA?

Follow this link: http://gto.inegi.gob.mx/...on/espanol/smig1.pdf

Guadalupe is the northermost section above Centro across the arroyo (open sewer) near Calzada de la Luz. It is a walkable distance from Centro, however, in an earlier post you indicated a need for relative peace and quiet. I don't think you will find it in Guadalupe. Look in the neighborhoods which have already been suggested.

pathall

Aug 20, 2003, 7:44 AM

Post #3 of 7 (878 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Brian] Location of Colonia Guadalupe in SMA?

I agree that you will not find peace and quiet in Guadalupe.
Pat

gpk

Aug 20, 2003, 2:51 PM

Post #4 of 7 (864 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Brian] Location of Colonia Guadalupe in SMA?

San Miguel isn't quiet anywhere, really, but there are relatively quiet houses/apartments in every area. Friends own a house in Guadalupe which is very quiet. There are some little side street areas there without much VEHICLE traffic. If you are renting without seeing--you're taking a BIG chance.

bthunder

Aug 23, 2003, 9:14 PM

Post #5 of 7 (832 views)

Shortcut

Mexigrl, I asked a friend of mine who has a condo just north of Colonia Guadalupe if she knew anything about it. Here's her reply:

"Yes, that area is just south and west of where we are, so (most of it) a little closer to the Jardin. It isn't upscale like some of the other areas (not mine!), but is slowly becoming "gentrified". The more western part of it lies low and was affected by flooding a couple of years back; it's the crowded, noisy part of Colonia Guadalupe where the San de Dios market is. So...it depends on where the apt is in that colonia."

Hope that helps, if it's not too late.
Tracie

Caminante, no hay camino.
Se hace camino al andar.

mexigrl

Aug 25, 2003, 8:24 AM

Post #6 of 7 (811 views)

Shortcut

Re: [bthunder] Location of Colonia Guadalupe in SMA?

Thanks for the info from your friend! I will ask for the exact address and post it - could you get any further info if I give that to you?

Gracias!

Mexigrl

bthunder

Aug 25, 2003, 9:00 AM

Post #7 of 7 (807 views)

Shortcut

Be glad to try. I'll put you in touch with my friend by private reply. She's here in Santa Fe right now, but has contacts in SMA who could maybe go check it out for you.

No hay de que!
Tracie

Caminante, no hay camino.
Se hace camino al andar.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4