Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Home, Garden & Construction in Mexico

Rolly

Jul 26, 2003, 9:42 AM

Post #1 of 1 (1916 views)

Shortcut

Building Projects Updates for 26 July 2003

Can't Post | Private Reply
The remodeling project: We spent this week building walls on the second floor. We'll probably start setting forms for the new roof next week. Nothing very interesting this week, nothing you haven't seen before, so no new web page.

Las Casas: We're still struggling with several fix-it issues. We got Rosa's A/C working, but now Andrea's A/C has developed a problem. I'm still trying to find out why Coco's A/C doesn't want to work.

Enrique has all the plumbing problems fixed (I hope) except for the clogged laundry drain in Rosa's house. We have worked out a scheme for solving the problem by running a new drain line on the outside of the house. I hate that, but it's on the back wall below the line-of-sight over the property wall, and we have the gas lines surfaced mounted on that wall, so I guess itís OK.

Coco is almost finished with the guard rails for the stairs and balconies.

Martha had a phone installed. Our internal house wiring worked fine, but it took the phone company three days to get their line to work right.

The cabinet maker for Andrea's kitchen is now three weeks past his 'firm' delivery date. He has installed less than half of his work. We still do not have bathroom/laundry cabinets for two houses and no bedroom closets in two houses. Last winter I grouched that at the rate we were going then, it would be the Fourth of July before we had all the cabinetry done. Well, the Fourth has come and gone. My next guess is either Christmas or never.

We had our first birthday party. Karina, daughter of Gabriel and Martha, turned 5, so we had a major family blowout. Good food and good fun. Pictures at www.rollybrook.com/07-26-03.htm

Rolly Pirate

(This post was edited by Rolly on Jul 26, 2003, 1:42 PM)

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4