David Eidell

Jul 23, 2003, 10:33 AM

Post #1 of 6 (7782 views)

Shortcut

"Pop Up" Ad Is What Is/Was Causing Problems Accessing MexConnect

Can't Post | Private Reply
We can thank

http://www.zendmedia.com

by sending them a verbal hand grenade or two.

DavidMcL

Jul 23, 2003, 10:54 AM

Post #2 of 6 (7765 views)

Shortcut

Re: [David Eidell] "Pop Up" Ad Is What Is/Was Causing Problems Accessing MexConnect

Can you tell me more?
There should be NO pop-up ads on either mexconnect site!!
And no banners on the mexconnected site at all.

David
David McL
WebJefe

David Eidell

Jul 23, 2003, 11:17 AM

Post #3 of 6 (7761 views)

Shortcut

Re: [DavidMcL] "Pop Up" Ad Is What Is/Was Causing Problems Accessing MexConnect

Hi David,

Even with a computer with cleaned out cookies, cleaned out archives and history, this jerk site popped up about two seconds after I accessed MEXCONNECT.COM (but before Mexconnected.Com). Full size window overlaying the Mexconnect window. When I tried to close this window or choose Mexconnect, the computer locked up (four different computers this last week at two different cable modem cafes), and even the three-fingered salute failed to reboot -- I had to manually cut power. A couple of other "successful" switches from the pirate site to Mexconnect led me to a page full of machine language. A local Mexican cyber guru remarked that this page may not be affecting everyone accessing the Mexconnect site. But I did post the name of the offending site. Cannot be a fluke that the same site appeared everytime.

Estanislao

Jul 23, 2003, 11:24 AM

Post #4 of 6 (7757 views)

Shortcut

Re: [David Eidell] "Pop Up" Ad Is What Is/Was Causing Problems Accessing MexConnect

FWIW (not much I suppose), no popups, no problems here. Wierd.
--
"It is advisable to look from the tide pool to the stars and then back to the tide pool again."
John Steinbeck and Ed Ricketts - The Log From The Sea Of Cortez
--
Estanislao

DavidMcL

Jul 23, 2003, 2:34 PM

Post #5 of 6 (7743 views)

Shortcut

Hi,

My name is Jack, posting on behalf of David.

You might have something else on your system that is causing this. David has no pop-ups of any kind on mexconnected nor mexconnect.com. Perhaps you might have installed Kazaa or some other file sharing program?

In any case, go to: http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/ which will help clean out your system.

Jack.
David McL
WebJefe

encantame

Dec 12, 2003, 1:12 PM

Post #6 of 6 (7643 views)

Shortcut

Re: [DavidMcL] "Pop Up" Ad Is What Is/Was Causing Problems Accessing MexConnect

Can't Post |
this thread is puzzling to me. Why is there a mexconnect AND a mexconnected site? Are they parts of the same one and why is there a name change?
While reading what you're saying about pop-ups, no one is really mentioning membership, but I remember reading that one of the memberships of being a member is that there are no pop-ups, so that means there are if you are not a subscribed (paid) member. You probably know this, but it's not coming out thru the reading of the postings in this thead, so I thought I mention it.
I paid for my membership today, but the site doesn't know it and I don't know why not.

-encántame

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4