Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Home, Garden & Construction in Mexico

Rolly

Jul 4, 2003, 10:02 PM

Post #1 of 1 (1449 views)

Shortcut

First Party

Can't Post | Private Reply
Tonight (4th of July), we had our first patio party at the new house, and it was excellent. This was not the big grand opening party, that's coming later. This was a "small" family-only thing, so there were only 26 adults and almost that many kids. With all the lights on and those big windows overlooking the patio, it was a great sight. I am very pleased with the way it has turned out -- despite a few irritating flaws.

The party turned out well even though we had a water system failure in Martha’s house (the hostess) an hour before the party. All the food was ready, and we use paper plates and cups, so it was OK. Tomorrow I have to figure out what the hell went wrong. We have already lost the water pump in Rosa’s house – still vacant, thank goodness. We sprang a major leak in Coco's house today – and he is moving in tomorrow. A professional plumber will come tomorrow to fix that one. I wish we could have had these infant mortality problems before the folks started moving in. None of the damn air conditioners work because of electrical problems – my problems. Water is Enrique’s problem. -- only he's running off to LA tomorrow, so I'll be the guy on the spot. Oh, well, it keeps me out of the pool hall. Smile

The families are very happy, and that's what really counts.

Rolly Pirate

(This post was edited by Rolly on Jul 4, 2003, 10:03 PM)

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4