Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

Amy

Nov 30, 1919, 12:00 AM

Post #1 of 2 (4575 views)

Shortcut

FMT or FM3?

Can't Post |
I'll be living in Mexico for five months and was assuming a tourist card was all I'd need, but I have two concerns. First, I'm driving down and back but may fly back to the States once or twice for a work project while I'm there. If I have a tourist card will it be a problem flying back to the U.S. and not taking my car? (I'll have a roundtrip ticket so it's not like I won't be coming back). Second, will I have any problem (cost?) bringing my clothes, books, kids toys, laptop, etc across the border with a tourist card? I'm not bringing a lot, but will have a trunk load of our stuff.
Thanks for the advice.

Abq

Nov 30, 1919, 12:00 AM

Post #2 of 2 (4569 views)

Shortcut

FMT or FM3?

Can't Post |
You can ask for an FMT for as long as six months. The tourist visa is good for multiple entries and exits. If you fly back and forth the airlines will insist on a new FMT. Don't worry, it's included in the fare. Just fill it out and keep your original for your trip back.<p>-----------------------------------------------------
: I'll be living in Mexico for five months and was assuming a tourist card was all I'd need, but I have two concerns. First, I'm driving down and back but may fly back to the States once or twice for a work project while I'm there. If I have a tourist card will it be a problem flying back to the U.S. and not taking my car? (I'll have a roundtrip ticket so it's not like I won't be coming back). Second, will I have any problem (cost?) bringing my clothes, books, kids toys, laptop, etc across the border with a tourist card? I'm not bringing a lot, but will have a trunk load of our stuff.
: Thanks for the advice.<p>

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4