Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

Pamela

Nov 30, 1919, 12:00 AM

Post #1 of 3 (4104 views)

Shortcut

Shipping household items

Can't Post |
My husband and I are moving to Playa Del Carmen in July. I have investigated trucking our items over the border from Texas, and shipping from a port in Florida over to Cancun.<p>Has anyone had any experience doing this? Any companies to recommend? <p>Would greatly appreciate any feedback!

DavidG

Post #2 of 3 (4092 views)

Shortcut

Shipping household items

Can't Post |
 Check my post a little further down. We used Mayflower international for our move to Cozumel. They handled everything PERFECTLY. We didn't have to do A THING. No paper work..... NOTHING!<p>DavidG

Sherrill

Post #3 of 3 (4089 views)

Shortcut

Check for Crowley International shipping routes web page

Can't Post |
Hello Pamela, We shipped from Gulfport, Miss to Progresso a couple of years ago and were very pleased with results. Crowley unloaded the container to a truck with a driver they contracted. Just remembered that this driver tried to get me to pay him again. I had paid the whole fee to Crowley and had the receipt. They delivered the container to our house an hour and a half away where we had 3 guys lined up to unload. My great aunt's arts and crafts china cabinet arrived with all the glass in one piece. You do need to make a detailed Menaje de Casa in Spanish. Get it approved at the Mex Consul before you ship and make lots of copies. But even with this approval, Customs kept our outboard engine for 2 months. If we had paid more attention, we would have known a motor is one of the items that you cannot import duty free. So, we coughed up the $1500pesos duty and got the motor-which we have NEVER used. The lesson here is REALLY how much stuff do you need. We have a room full of boxes we have never unpacked! But must confess that we are happy to have some of the things we brought - books, photos, paintings. You can buy applicances, TVs, practical things at CostCo in Cancun. They do cost a little more than in the US. Good luck with your move! <p>

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4