Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

Brian

Nov 30, 1919, 12:00 AM

Post #1 of 5 (6213 views)

Shortcut

FM3 Income requirement

Can't Post |
Perhaps Jennifer Rose,or some other expert would be kind enough to answer this question for me. My partner and I have owned a condo in PV for a year and are going to begin the FM3 application process at the consulate in San Francisco. We understand that the income requirement is halved if you can show property ownership, but we have read conflicting information as to whether this will apply to our initial applications, or only upon renewal. Any information would be appreciated.

Dave

Post #2 of 5 (6187 views)

Shortcut

FM3 Income requirement

Can't Post |
:If you open a Mexican bank account,pesos/dollars the requirement is app 1,200 dollars single, 1,800 married. Simple. Much easier than income requirements in the States. No apostile,nada.<p>: Perhaps Jennifer Rose,or some other expert would be kind enough to answer this question for me. My partner and I have owned a condo in PV for a year and are going to begin the FM3 application process at the consulate in San Francisco. We understand that the income requirement is halved if you can show property ownership, but we have read conflicting information as to whether this will apply to our initial applications, or only upon renewal. Any information would be appreciated. <p>

Joseph

Post #3 of 5 (6187 views)

Shortcut

FM3 Income requirement

Can't Post |
The FM3 is MUCH easier to get in PV than going through the offices in the States. I did the latter; my partner did the former. His was a much easier process here in PV.<p>If the condo is set up properly with a trust and both of you are named as co and equal owners, the income requirement will be halved for each of you. <p>

Joseph

Post #4 of 5 (6185 views)

Shortcut

FM3 Income requirement

Can't Post |
Dave, thanks for the answer...much appreciated. Just to clarify, the income requirement is halved for the initial application? Thanks again, Brian<p><p>: The FM3 is MUCH easier to get in PV than going through the offices in the States. I did the latter; my partner did the former. His was a much easier process here in PV.<p>: If the condo is set up properly with a trust and both of you are named as co and equal owners, the income requirement will be halved for each of you. <p>

Ron

Post #5 of 5 (6192 views)

Shortcut

FM3 Income requirement

Can't Post |

When I Called them embassy in N.Y. and asked how much income is needed for the FM3 they said $1500 for me and for each dependent $500
I asked if I own a home I was told it was cut to half he did not know anything about this and said he would have to check.
I am just wondering if this is the case how come he was had no knowledge of this fact. I would think he would know I was speaking to the dept. that issues FM3. He did say he will check and get back to me should I hold my breath?<p>
Dave, thanks for the answer...much appreciated. Just to clarify, the income requirement is halved for the initial application? Thanks again, Brian<p>
: : The FM3 is MUCH easier to get in PV than going through the offices in the States. I did the latter; my partner did the former. His was a much easier process here in PV.<p>: : If the condo is set up properly with a trust and both of you are named as co and equal owners, the income requirement will be halved for each of you.
<p>

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4