Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

Louis

Nov 30, 1919, 12:00 AM

Post #1 of 3 (5110 views)

Shortcut

Unpaid Fideicomiso

Can't Post |
The administration personnel of my condo takes care of the various bills that come due when we're away from Mexico...phone, cable, etc.
It's now come to my attention that the Fideicomiso fees have not been paid for the past two years. I've called the Bank (Bital), spoken once with the person in charge of "Trusts", and tho' he was supposed to get 'back' to me, no such call as yet......I've left countless messages!
My question is.....What are the (possible) ramifications of this situation?
I plan on returning to PV in August, and attending to the payment, but till then, is there anything I should be concerned about. My wife has nightmares of someone from the bank 'foreclosing' in some fashion on our apartment.
Any thoughts?
Louis

Brian

Post #2 of 3 (5104 views)

Shortcut

Oops...I replied to this thread below

Can't Post |
Louis<p>I wouldn't worry about this too much since you will be down in August and can pay in person then. I went through a bit of stress with Bital a couple of years ago when they assumed my trust from Banco Atlantico. When I tried to make my yearly payment, they told me that even though they had the paperwork, their computers had not been set up to receive payments. Incredibly, I was in arrears over 12 months before they got their act together. No late fees, no nada, except a lot of anxiety on my part. saludos <p><p><p>

Juan

Post #3 of 3 (5106 views)

Shortcut

Unpaid Fideicomiso

Can't Post |
: The administration personnel of my condo takes care of the various bills that come due when we're away from Mexico...phone, cable, etc.
: It's now come to my attention that the Fideicomiso fees have not been paid for the past two years. I've called the Bank (Bital), spoken once with the person in charge of "Trusts", and tho' he was supposed to get 'back' to me, no such call as yet......I've left countless messages!
: My question is.....What are the (possible) ramifications of this situation?
: I plan on returning to PV in August, and attending to the payment, but till then, is there anything I should be concerned about. My wife has nightmares of someone from the bank 'foreclosing' in some fashion on our apartment.
: Any thoughts?
: Louis<p>Hola Louis, I had the same problem with my trust in Baja Sur. The trust fee was about 18months overdue. The attorney who processed my fideicomiso gave me the name and phone number of the bank mgr. who handles trusts. He was very accomodating and advised me to mail a check to the bank with a note including the filing number. While conversing with me he told me where the number was in the volumn of paperwork and looked the info up on his computer. There was a $5.00 fee for being late.<p>Don't understand your problem with the bank but you might call again and just ask for anyone who speaks english. My experience has been that telephone calls are seldom returned so ask for the persons name and when you should call again if they say they will look up information for you. <p>My conversation with the bank representative lasted a few minutes. We introduces outselves and discussed the weather in La Paz and in my hometown, we also talked about the change in the weather bringing up the dorado and billfish. Before I hung up we agreed to have lunch next year when I am in his town. <p>Best wishes, Juan<p>

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4