Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

Esteban

Nov 30, 1919, 12:00 AM

Post #1 of 2 (2973 views)

Shortcut

Another Mexican Social Security question

Can't Post |
The social security system is tacking on another new charge now with the letters SAR. Does anyone understand that charge. Supposedly it was a tax charged in the past, discontinued then started up again recently. Now, we are paying IMSS, Infonavit and SAR?????

DavidMTY

Nov 30, 1919, 12:00 AM

Post #2 of 2 (2965 views)

Shortcut

Yes...

Can't Post |
Hi Esteban-<p>...yes and yes. They are not that new really. OF COURSE you paid the SAR required by law in the past, even though the system was less organized and confusing back then. You just didn't notice. SAR has been with us since 1992, and IMSS before that at least since 1973, please see my response to the question below by Diana for her friend in Cancun who was threatened that theuy might lose their savings. I was especially detailed in covering SAR (sorry for putting some of you to sleep) to make sure I answered your question in the progress).
Best...David(MTY)<p>: The social security system is tacking on another new charge now with the letters SAR. Does anyone understand that charge. Supposedly it was a tax charged in the past, discontinued then started up again recently. Now, we are paying IMSS, Infonavit and SAR?????<p>

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4