Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

Dee H

Nov 30, 1919, 12:00 AM

Post #1 of 5 (3178 views)

Shortcut

FM3 Proof of income

Can't Post |
I plan to retire and move to Mexico in September, where my income will be pension and social security. I understand that if I apply for the FM3 here I will be asked to show proof of income, such as 3 months bank statements. Well, I can do that, but what does my current income have to do with it? My bank statements clearly state that the deposits are "payroll," and the consulate will know that those will cease when I move. I think I'm missing something here! (I will be opening account at Calif Commerce and could make personal deposits to that if it matters). Thanks for your help.

Dave

Post #2 of 5 (3173 views)

Shortcut

FM3...Apply in Mexico...

Can't Post |
:The income requirements can be met simply by opening a bank account(in Mexico,pesos or dollars)with app 1,200 dollars (single) 1,700 (couple). That's it. No statements,apostile,proof,nada! <p><p>: I plan to retire and move to Mexico in September, where my income will be pension and social security. I understand that if I apply for the FM3 here I will be asked to show proof of income, such as 3 months bank statements. Well, I can do that, but what does my current income have to do with it? My bank statements clearly state that the deposits are "payroll," and the consulate will know that those will cease when I move. I think I'm missing something here! (I will be opening account at Calif Commerce and could make personal deposits to that if it matters). Thanks for your help.<p>

Rolly

Post #3 of 5 (3171 views)

Shortcut

FM3 Proof of income

Can't Post |
Your puzzlement over the bank statement things is, perhaps, your first encounter with the strange world of Mexican rules and procedures. If you don’t raise the issue with the folks at the consulate, the chances are about 100% that they won’t say anything. If they do, then you can bring them documents showing your other income – it is enough to meet the requirements, right?<p>Very good idea to have as account with CCB. Yes, you could make monthly deposits of the required amount at CCB and use those statements. That would blind the 'payroll' issue. <p>I wish you well with you retirement and move to México. For a look at what I'm doing with mine, click below.

Dee

Post #4 of 5 (3168 views)

Shortcut

FM3 Proof of income

Can't Post |
Thanks for the info, Rolly. I've read enough about Mexican "rules" on this board that I should know not to think too deeply about the hows and whys! I really appreciate all the helpul info you provide in your posts, and enjoyed your retirement website. Thanks again.

Ed

Post #5 of 5 (3169 views)

Shortcut

FM3 Proof of income

Can't Post |
"Your puzzlement over the bank statement things is, perhaps, your first encounter with the strange world of Mexican rules and procedures. If you don’t raise the issue with the folks at the consulate, the chances are about 100% that they won’t say anything." <p>
I'm glad someone brought this question up, it's been occuring to me too. I just figured I'd cross that bridge when I came to it. <p>Thanks.<p>

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4