Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

ATTICUS

May 22, 2003, 10:44 AM

Post #1 of 4 (2936 views)

Shortcut

Ajijic to San Miguel de Allende

Can't Post |
My partner and I plan to visit Ajijic for two or three days in July and move on to Sam Miguel for a few days. Would it be better to rent a car in Ajijic and drive, return the car to Ajijic and then to Guadalajara for our return flight or get a bus from Guad, I suppose, to San Miguel and then bus back? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

gpk

May 22, 2003, 3:32 PM

Post #2 of 4 (2923 views)

Shortcut

Re: [leohl] Ajijic to San Miguel de Allende

Can't Post | Private Reply
You won't need or want a car in San Miguel. The bus is better. Take the ETN line if available. Otherwise, use Primera Plus. The bus from Guad. should be about 5-6 hours. You may have to change buses in Leon or Guanajuato--but maybe not.

ATTICUS

May 22, 2003, 5:42 PM

Post #3 of 4 (2914 views)

Shortcut

Re: [gpk] Ajijic to San Miguel de Allende

Can't Post |
Is the ETN line out of Ajijic or are they both out of Guadalajara?

esperanza

May 22, 2003, 6:33 PM

Post #4 of 4 (2909 views)

Shortcut

Re: [leohl] Ajijic to San Miguel de Allende

Can't Post | Private Reply
All long-distance buses for destinations in Mexico leave from the new bus station in Tonalá. The white-and-red Chapala Plus buses (you can catch one anywhere on the highway between Ajijic and Chapala; make sure it is a directo) will take you (for 32 pesos each person) to the OLD bus station in Guadalajara, and from there you need to take either a cab or a city bus to the new bus station. The cab from the old to the new bus station costs about 60 pesos for two people; the city bus will probably run around 10 pesos or less per person.

ETN has its own building at the new bus station. There are 7 buildings at the new bus station, each one a terminal for one or more bus lines, so make sure to get off at the right one. You can call ETN to find out about departure times for San Miguel.

Call me when you get to Ajijic and I'll give you a hand with any of this stuff. Did I give you the number? If not, send me a private message and I will.

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4