Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

"El Gringo Jalapeño"

Apr 28, 2003, 12:02 AM

Post #1 of 3 (3250 views)

Shortcut

Prescription drugs from States

Can't Post | Private Reply
A friend of ours will be moving to Xalapa very soon and is worried wether her prescription drugs can be FedEXed, etc. down to Mexico. I saw several previous threads on the subject but I don't remember the details. Your help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

¡Hasta pronto!
Roy B. Dudley "El Gringo Jalapeño" See more about Xalapa at www.xalaparoy.com

David Eidell

Apr 29, 2003, 10:27 PM

Post #2 of 3 (3209 views)

Shortcut

Re: ["El Gringo Jalapeño"] Prescription drugs from States

Over the years I have heard a hue and cry by folks trying to do the same thing. It seems as though the packages arrive empty, or Aduana issues an edict that the packages cannot enter Mexico at all. I would love to get my medications that way but I'll have to purchase them.

Brian

Apr 30, 2003, 6:58 AM

Post #3 of 3 (3202 views)

Shortcut

Re: [eidell] Prescription drugs from States

I recently received a supply in SMA which had been mailed 5 weeks before from San Diego. The bottles and test strips had obviously been opened by the Aduana but all arrived in good condition and in the amount listed on the bottles. I think that having them mailed directly is too hit and miss for something as important as medications. A friend has her's mailed from NY in care of the local US Consulate office in SMA. She says that mail to the Consulate is not opened by the Aduana.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4