Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Home, Garden & Construction in Mexico

Rolly

Apr 26, 2003, 2:40 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1630 views)

Shortcut

Building Project Update for 26 April 2003

Can't Post | Private Reply
This week, Iniz and Ruben finished the kitchen counter tile in Rosa's house and began the floor tile in Coco's house which will be the last of the floor tile. We still have two kitchens and all four bathrooms to tile.

Manolo and Nanny finished painting Andrea's house and the upper walls and ceilings in Coco's house. Then they went back to work on cleaning construction crud off the property walls and the stairs.

The door maker completed and installed the five interior doors on Rosa's house -- three weeks later than promised. Then he quit. He said he did not have time to make the other 13 doors and that he didn't want to lie to us anymore and make us mad. Well, I'm glad he got honest, but I am even more vexed by the woodworker problems. Sometimes I awaken in the middle of the night wondering if we will ever get this damn thing done.

We have been having a problem with the man who lives directly across the street from the project. Every time Coco or Enrique begins to spray paint the metal door and window frames or the front iron work, the neighbor calls the police to complain about the smell (yes, lacquer paint does smell bad). The cops come and are nice about trying to find a compromise between his sensitive nose and our need to complete our work. After the fourth time, the cops finally told the man that we had a right to paint and not to call them anymore. That was not the end of the story, but that is all I want to tell in a public place. Inquiring minds can e-mail.

This week's website update is at Rollybrook.com/04-26-03.htm

Rolly Pirate

(This post was edited by Rolly on Apr 26, 2003, 5:54 PM)

pat

Apr 26, 2003, 4:01 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1624 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] Building Project Update for 26 April 2003

That was not the end of the story, but that is all I want to tell in a public place
He wasn't complaining about the color, by any chance, was he? :)

Pat

Rolly

Apr 26, 2003, 7:45 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1614 views)

Shortcut

Re: [pat] Building Project Update for 26 April 2003

Hi Pat,

Yes, he complained about the color, the dust we stired up, the noise, the smell of the paint, just about everything. He is the one who said the colors looked like a kindergarden -- what ever that means. When the families move in with their 5 kids, I'm sure he'll bitch about them too.

Rolly Pirate

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4