Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > General Forum

"El Gringo Jalapeño"

Apr 21, 2003, 8:42 AM

Post #1 of 8 (3730 views)

Shortcut

PayPal...does anyone use it?

Can't Post | Private Reply
I'm looking for an easy and cost efficient way of receiving payments from different sources outside Mexico. Does anyone use PayPal and what have your experiences been? Are there other options?

¡Mil gracias!
Roy B. Dudley "El Gringo Jalapeño" See more about Xalapa at www.xalaparoy.com

Uncle Jack

Apr 21, 2003, 9:04 AM

Post #2 of 8 (3723 views)

Shortcut

Re: ["El Gringo Jalapeño"] PayPal...does anyone use it?

I used Paypal for a while for several online auction type sales ventures until they started charging me 3% for the service. They are good, they are secure, and they are reasonably fast, but there are other options in the states. Internationally, they may be your best option

UJ

Madam  ZZ

Apr 21, 2003, 11:04 AM

Post #3 of 8 (3705 views)

Shortcut

Re: ["El Gringo Jalapeño"] PayPal...does anyone use it?

Can't Post |
I've had trouble as a consumer getting them to acknowledge a change in my bank/credit cards. I am investigating switching to VeriSign. I mean, it's been two months and I keep getting computer generated copies of my password which doesn't cut it because it doen't match my accounts and it's been so long since a actually used them that I don't have those old account numbers. Grrr!

dumois

Apr 21, 2003, 12:35 PM

Post #4 of 8 (3688 views)

Shortcut

Re: ["El Gringo Jalapeño"] So far, so good for me (No msg)

mazgordon

Apr 22, 2003, 7:24 PM

Post #5 of 8 (3646 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Uncle Jack] PayPal...does anyone use it?

I tried to use PayPal two months ago to secure an apartment in Mexico for transition living while our house is being readied. Apparently I had used it before and was prompted for my password, etc. Well, I didn't remember it so jumped through their hoops to make a new one. That didn't work. I tried to set up a new account with them - no way! I emailed them for trouble shooting - no response. We ended up using Western Union.

If you use PayPal you'd better write down your password somewhere or use the same one for everything, which doesn't sound very safe. That's just my experience.

¡Echar todo la carne al asador!

Roses5410

Apr 24, 2003, 2:22 PM

Post #6 of 8 (3613 views)

Shortcut

Re: [mazgordon] PayPal...does anyone use it?

I have used PayPal to pay for a few things, never to receive payment. And, like you, it had been a while inbetween uses and I forgot my password also. I emailed them and it was sent to me.

Needless to say, I now keep it written down so it can be used when needed. UJ, it's an age thing I think...

Back to El Gringo's question - My payments made with PayPal have been quick without problems...
I love taking pictures...check out my prints for sale @ http://Rosacalaca.dpcprints.com/

DavidMcL

Apr 24, 2003, 5:53 PM

Post #7 of 8 (3593 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Roses5410] PayPal...does anyone use it?

I use PayPal to both receive and send payments - other than their commission take on payments received, I have had no problems at all.

David
David McL
WebJefe

Jean

Apr 25, 2003, 3:25 PM

Post #8 of 8 (3569 views)

Shortcut

Re: [DavidMcL] PayPal...does anyone use it?

I have used PayPal for a couple of years both to buy and to receive money. I have never had a problem. I also use Clickbank, although their rates are horrendous, as a backup for the people who forget their PayPal password.

Now that they are connected with Ebay I am hoping the password issue and customer service will improve.
Retirement Communities
http://www.retirecommunities.com

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4