Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Technical Mexico

johanson / Moderator

Mar 9, 2003, 2:18 PM

Post #1 of 5 (1080 views)

Shortcut

Picture Icon under your name

Can't Post | Private Reply
I received a private post responding to my suggestion that more of us post our pictures under our names in the top left hand corner of the post. "The individual wrote: "More people would include a picture if they knew how to." My first thought was. Gee it's simple. you simple you take a picture with a digital camera, load said picture into the computer, use the appropriate software to properly size the picture, go to the forum and click on "Edit Profile" and then click on "User Profile" and work your way down to "ICON" . Look to the right and browse for and find the appropriate picture and finally go to the bottom of the page and click on the "Make Profile Changes" box. Then I thought about how long it took me to learn each of the above steps. And about using a scanner if I had the pictures but not a digital camera. So I wrote to the person making this post the following. Gee it took me 5 to 20 hours to learn how to do all of the above, and there is no way I could write instructions to post these photos without taking much more time than I have, but if you have a single step you are having problems with, post to the tech forum and one of us can probably help you. If anyone else has a better idea, please make a post. Thanks

Rolly

Mar 9, 2003, 2:47 PM

Post #2 of 5 (1059 views)

Shortcut

Re: [johanson] Picture Icon under your name

There are several posts on the Practice Forum dealing with the how-to. For many (most?) people, the basic problem is not having the software necessary to prepage the photo file. I have a long-standing offer to process pictures for anyone who wishes to e-mail the pic to me. I have done several.

Rolly Pirate

jon

May 8, 2003, 12:35 AM

Post #3 of 5 (1013 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] Picture Icon under your name

Can't Post |
Just wanted to see if this icon thing works.... Cool!

Brian

May 9, 2003, 7:41 AM

Post #4 of 5 (997 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jon] Picture Icon under your name

Yes. it works

gentlesurvivalist

May 20, 2003, 11:59 AM

Post #5 of 5 (966 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Brian] Picture Icon under your name

Can't Post |
We'll see if this icon pix works, no? One way or the other!
Laura Martin Buhler AKA
The Gentle Survivalist

Visit our Mexico links at:

Daily News
Mexico Naturally

En paz y La Luz, Laura

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4