Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

D Cretcher

Nov 30, 1919, 12:00 AM

Post #1 of 5 (2481 views)

Shortcut

Terminating a Household Employee

Can't Post |
Does anyone have definitive info or a source for the law pertaining to household help termination--the article in the archives (directed to business) says 12 days per year but I believe it's more complicated than that. <p>D

Juan

Post #2 of 5 (2478 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
You can go to the "Junta Local de Conciliacion y Arbitaje". They should explain the Federal Labor Law. After you compensated your worker, a "finiquito" should be signed which completes the process.<p>Saludos,<p>Juan <p>

Uncle Donnie Don Adams

Post #3 of 5 (2478 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
I believe the AMSOC in Guadalajara recently had an attorney explore that situation and provide a written report. If you live in or near Guadalajara it might behoove you to check with them about what would be required to get a copy, or at least some advice.<p>From the stories I've heard from friends and acquaintances you're getting ready to tap dance across a potentially expensive mine field. Get some good advice from a reputable and qualified source. Nothing personal about those who are posting here, but few of us would qualify in this case.<p>Good luck!<p>UD<p><p><p><p>Does anyone have definitive info or a source for the law pertaining to household help termination--the article in the archives (directed to business) says 12 days per year but I believe it's more complicated than that. <p>: D <p>

Jean

Post #4 of 5 (2477 views)

Shortcut

The Easy Way

Can't Post |
Move :) If you have pets, be sure that the parting is done on very friendly terms. There have been horror stories.

Ron

Post #5 of 5 (2478 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
: I believe the AMSOC in Guadalajara recently had an attorney explore that situation and provide a written report. If you live in or near Guadalajara it might behoove you to check with them about what would be required to get a copy, or at least some advice.<p>: From the stories I've heard from friends and acquaintances you're getting ready to tap dance across a potentially expensive mine field. Get some good advice from a reputable and qualified source. Nothing personal about those who are posting here, but few of us would qualify in this case.<p>: Good luck!<p>: UD<p><p>
: Does anyone have definitive info or a source for the law pertaining to household help termination--the article in the archives (directed to business) says 12 days per year but I believe it's more complicated than that. <p>: : D <p>
Do you mean that if I have a maid once a week and a gardener once a month I have to worry about paying monies for letting someone go? Or is the for steady employment.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4