Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

randy in arandas

Nov 30, 1919, 12:00 AM

Post #1 of 1 (797 views)

Shortcut

Moving on up to Aguascalientes...

Can't Post |
Hello: Well, decision time has come and gone for us, and we have decided to stay in Mexico. We will become a joint venture under the Mexican group name. I am pleased that my plan is coming together. I am also pleased that my wife will work for us as Office Administrator/Translator when needed, and my brother in law, who has a degree from U de G in Agricultural Engineering, will work with us as a Field Man in the new arrangement. We will also have computer tech support when we need it from my 19 year old nephew who is studying Computer Engineering at one of the local universities.<p> The decision was made for us when my boss came down for a one week stay. We toured some areas where we had no customers. One day we were in the state of Aguascalientes, and we stumbled upon a large 1000 cow dairy while we were looking for another dairy. The boy at the gate let us in; he never lets anyone in! We talked to the owner of the ranch and his son for three hours, then toured the ranch. He said what we had heard over and over again; that they had been hoping someone who had the health of the animals in mind first would come to assist them in improving herd health. The owner of this state of the art facility had turned away reps of other companies for 35 years! We were the first he had allowed access to! We were overwhelmed to say the least. We have a great responsibility to these large producers, and we won´t let them down.<p> So, we are in the process of moving to the Aguascalientes area, where the new venture will be based. We are also looking for a home in a nice area. I have noticed rents are very reasonable. I can also take up Golf again, which I have basically given up for a year, as the closest Golf course to Arandas is in Ocotlan.<p> I have a question for anyone living in AGS; I know there are many Japanese there, but is there any Gringo presence of any size. After being isolated from Gringos (I have only talked to three here in Arandas passing thru, and the lady at Sandi´s bookstore twice in GDL in ten months!), I would like to maybe meet some Gringo´s who have similar interests like Golf or exploring the nearby Sierra Fria on the weekends.<p> We also are looking at building a cabaña either near AGS, or near Arandas in the Cerro Grande. This is a busy and exciting time for us. I will miss the eternal rains of Arandas, but AGS is a beautiful little state and reminds me somewhat of the Bend area of central Oregon. <p> I also have to thank the graciousness of the Mexican dairymen and ranchers for making this possible. They can see we are sincere in helping them, as they have been ripped off for so long with marginal products not only from Mexican reps, but even USA and Italian reps only interested in making a quick buck, never once walking out to look at the cows and stepping in the cowsh*t with them. They have even opened their weekend homes to us in and always stating that their home is our home...what great people to work around, we are very fortunate.<p> Like Rolly says, it is a good time to be living in Mexico...<p>Saludos desde Arandas, Randy<p>

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4