Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

Stan

Nov 30, 1919, 12:00 AM

Post #1 of 1 (988 views)

Shortcut

Border crossing questions

Can't Post |
Thanks to those who take the time to answer questions on this board. Our list of questions would have been much longer, but we’ve read the answers to most of them by now.<p>We (my wife and I) are finally on our way from Calgary, Alberta to Mexico, in early Sept. - starting in Mazatlan for the first 6 months or so, and then travelling around to see more of the country - hopefully our Spanish will be a little better by then.<p>We have some specific questions :<p>We plan to cross the border at Nogales with mini van and small cargo trailer (6 ft x 4 ft) and menaje de casa. Does anyone have any recommendations for a customs broker there? Do you recommend contacting a broker in advance, or just go there the day before the border crossing? How much should we expect to pay for a customs broker?<p>We’ve read that a cargo trailer is considered part of the vehicle i.e. on the same FM3. If so, are there problems leaving Mexico for a short time, driving the van but without the trailer? Can we put the van on one FM3 and the trailer on the other?<p>For those of you in Mazatlan - any recommendations for a hotel which allows dogs (we have an older lab cross) while we look for somewhere to rent ? Another possibility would be a boarding kennel, preferably one where we could visit him daily - any recommendations?<p>We’re also interested in meeting any of you living in Mazatlan when we get down there - please e-mail.<p>Thanks,
Stan and Jacky

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4