can anyone help me ???
Thanx in advance .<p>Sundeep Rego

andrew

Nov 30, 1919, 12:00 AM

Post #2 of 4 (1251 views)

Shortcut

immigration to mexico

Can't Post |
Mexico does not encourage immigration from outside the Latin America, Spain and Portugal (aside from accepting the North American retirees who wish to spend their pensions in Mexico). So there is no organized system for immigrating into this country. The easiest way, short of marrying a Mexican, probably, is to get in on a non-immigrant work or student visa (a type of the FM-3, no inmigrante visitante). This visa would be job- or school-specific - so you need a job or a school lined up. Once in Mexico, if you find a different job it is fairly straigtforward, if not hassle-free, to change your visa. Another possibility is to enter the country on a tourist visa (see my posting above on how to get one) and then change your status if you find a qualified job/ course of study while in Mexico. FM-3 has to be renewed each year for up to five years, at which point you may get another FM-3 or another visa. Eventually, after some years in Mexico you may apply for FM-2 (inmigrante) status (still needs annual renewal) and at some point you may become an inmigrado (an immigrant), no longer in need of annual renewal, but subject to a residency requirement - you'd loose it if you leave the country. After 5 years living full-time in the country (2 years, if your child is born in Mexico), you can apply for citizenship, which may (or may not) be granted. In the end, the trick is getting a good job in Mexico - may not be that easy for a foreigner, though doable.

Brook

Post #3 of 4 (1243 views)

Shortcut

immigration to mexico

Can't Post |
Check out the Mexican Embassy in India, their website is www.sre.gob.mx/india. It states the required documents you will need in order to obtain a visa. Much depends on financial stability and the reason why you want to go there, due to the (unfortunate) influence of Mexico's bordering country/ies. From my experience, it can be a difficult and very lengthy process. Best of luck.<p>
: Hi
: I am sundeep rego from india.
: I want to immigrate/work in mexico.
: can anyone help me ???
: Thanx in advance .<p>: Sundeep Rego<p>

Juan

Post #4 of 4 (1247 views)

Shortcut

immigration to mexico

Can't Post |
: Hi
: I am sundeep rego from india.
: I want to immigrate/work in mexico.
: can anyone help me ???
: Thanx in advance .<p>: Sundeep Rego<p>
Hi Sundeep, at the top of this page there is a search engine. Click on search, input "employment" or "immigration", click enter. Lots of info. After reading the information you will be able to ask more specific questions.<p>Good luck, Juan

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4