Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

Michelle

Nov 30, 1919, 12:00 AM

Post #1 of 3 (934 views)

Shortcut

More visa questions...

Can't Post |
First off, thanks for all of you responded to my last message. Your information was very helpful. I have another question about visas. What are the pros/cons of a Fiance Visa? What does this all entail? What are the requirements of getting one? Does it have to be done on the US side? Once again, any and all information is welcome, and I thank you in advance.

Maria

Post #2 of 3 (932 views)

Shortcut

More visa questions...

Can't Post |
You need to get married in 90 days after approved. You can obtained the fiance visa in Mexico(Embassy or Consulates) but need to get married because if you dont then it will be hard for the Citizen of Mexico to obtain another visa in the future. I believe the American Citizen needs to prove his/her income too
Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!<p><p>
: First off, thanks for all of you responded to my last message. Your information was very helpful. I have another question about visas. What are the pros/cons of a Fiance Visa? What does this all entail? What are the requirements of getting one? Does it have to be done on the US side? Once again, any and all information is welcome, and I thank you in advance.<p>

Tom In Nogales

Post #3 of 3 (932 views)

Shortcut

More visa questions...

Can't Post |
Probably the fastest and best way to get into the US is through K1 or Fiance visa. This allows you to enter the US and wait for the residency process while in the US. Although, waiting for this visa to get approved may take up to 6 months, and usually its done outside of the US.<p>Do not attempt to get a Visitor Visa (B1/B2) visa and mention that he is your spouse or intended to be, as he will automatically be denied. The Visitor (B1/B2) is for visiting purposes only, not for staying. I commute from Nogales, MX to Tucson on a daily basis and know people on the bus whose spouse's visitor visa was yanked from their hand and denied entry until the residency visa is resolved. The US spouse then has to commute to Tucson (or any other US city to work) and have their spouse stay in Mexico, until their US residency gets approved, which may take up to 18 months.<p>K1 visa is only a two form application and then a medical examination when approved. Not too bad.<p>For more information and to download the forms check on http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/howdoi/spouselive.htm<p>Well, good luck. <p>
: First off, thanks for all of you responded to my last message. Your information was very helpful. I have another question about visas. What are the pros/cons of a Fiance Visa? What does this all entail? What are the requirements of getting one? Does it have to be done on the US side? Once again, any and all information is welcome, and I thank you in advance.<p>

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4