Can't Post |
perhaps you're refering to the other pocket-oh great dame

johanson

Feb 11, 2003, 7:46 PM

Post #27 of 45 (4363 views)

Shortcut

Re: [DISH2000] What is there to do???

Can't Post | Private Reply
If he can't find anything to do, we could always recommend he get an Mpeg-2 satellite receiver

obe

Feb 12, 2003, 8:16 AM

Post #28 of 45 (4381 views)

Shortcut

Does this prove my point about " pay per view' ? I think so

Can't Post |
This post is an excellant example of what I have been saying.

Some one asked a simple question, asking about what some people have found to occupy there time/life in a area of Mexico.

What did they get????? 26 replies, 26 replies basiclly criticizing, belittleing them and telling them to get lost.

May I suggest that one reads the original question, then the 26 replies and make up your own mind about paying to use this site.

good night to all

joshjay

Feb 12, 2003, 12:14 PM

Post #29 of 45 (4343 views)

Shortcut

Re: [obe] Does this prove my point about " pay per view' ? I think so

Can't Post |
I asked the question and judging by the responses I would say that most of those who answered whereever they live didn't have much to do as evidenced by the off-the-wall responses to a simple question. Despite it all, I'd pay for the use of the site as there is a wealth of information - just need to weed it out.

DISH2000

Feb 13, 2003, 8:10 PM

Post #30 of 45 (4255 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Taz] What is there to do???

Can't Post |
Name calling, heh!!!!

What is a Canadian??

80% American

20% Brittish

Make 100% Canadian culture........hehehe.

You drew first blood..........Rambo.

You got to have a good laugh.............DISH2000

DISH2000

Feb 13, 2003, 8:13 PM

Post #31 of 45 (4262 views)

Shortcut

Re: [johanson] What is there to do???

Can't Post |
Believe me, They would not know what to do with one........DISH

DISH2000

Feb 13, 2003, 8:23 PM

Post #32 of 45 (4291 views)

Shortcut

Re: [obe] Does this prove my point about " pay per view' ? I think so

Can't Post |
Thank you for making that point.... Most of these people, I am trying to be nice, are what I have trying to get away from the last 35 years. A poor example about living in Mexico. Most of these people do not live here and/or can not afford to. If they were here, They would out there trying to experience a new culture or language. I myself do not like to see the garbage that some of these people write. Here in Mexico or anywhere, They still are the same.......DISH2000

robert kimball123

Feb 14, 2003, 12:17 PM

Post #33 of 45 (4249 views)

Shortcut

Re: [DISH2000] What is there to do???

Can't Post |
But you obviously do hate gringos. You really are a bigot.

arbon

Feb 14, 2003, 1:42 PM

Post #34 of 45 (4227 views)

Shortcut

Re: [robert kimball123] What is there to do???

Can't Post |
What am I to think?

"But you obviously do hate gringos. You really are a bigot." to DISH2000

Then you ask the question...

"I plan to take a cheap flight to Mexico City and then go to Guadalajara by bus. Is there anything wrong with that idea."

Do you know something about Mexicans & Gringos,but not near D.F. or Guad' or is it more like .......You know more about "hate" & "bigots" than....

DISH2000

Feb 14, 2003, 6:34 PM

Post #35 of 45 (4193 views)

Shortcut

Re: [] What is there to do???

Can't Post |
Post: Replying to: Re: [DISH2000] What is there to do??? by robert kimball123 Post: But you obviously do hate gringos. You really are a bigot.

Obviously you do not know what is a gringo, And yes, I am a Bigot. I am a bigot to a group of people or person that move to a foreign country whom are too stubborn not to accept change of culture, language, and customs. For this, I am guilty.

Gringo(noun) means in Espaņol a foreigner in a foreign land (mexico)

Gringo(adj) also can mean Unintelligible (a gringo, or some of the comments I see on this site)

Unintelligible(adj) a person at fault of understanding......... mmmhhhh.

Bigot(noun) a person devoted to one group......Interesting.

Robert, I do not want to get nasty with you, I just want to show you and others what the ways that you are use too are not always the right way. Many years ago in my youth, My family traveled near and a far. My strict family reminded me that we were ambassadors for our country, Many of the people here have never been outside of their own country, do not know how to act. I saying, remember your Pīs and Qīs.

DISH2000

DISH2000

Feb 14, 2003, 6:45 PM

Post #36 of 45 (4176 views)

Shortcut

Re: [arbon] What is there to do???

Can't Post |
Ditto.......I could not have said it better. That is the point I was trying to say. I do not have anything against saving money. But these people want to live on the CHEAP 24/7. I can spot them in the crowds, They wear the cheap shorts, black socks/sandals, and $200US in the pocket. Three weeks later, They still are wearing the same shorts/black socks/sandals and still have the same $200US in their pocket. The last thing the Mexican Tourism board wants is a bunch of cheap people,

DISH2000

(This post was edited by DISH2000 on Feb 14, 2003, 6:50 PM)

sparks

Feb 14, 2003, 7:01 PM

Post #37 of 45 (4183 views)

Shortcut

Re: [DISH2000] [P's and Q's] How old are you

Can't Post |
I've not heard that phrase (well almost) since my grandmother used to get after me as a bad kid. Guess I don't really care how old ... but I assume not Mexican. Not sure grandma or I ever knew the original.

3. In English pubs, ale is ordered by pints and quarts. So in old England, when customers got unruly, the bartender would yell at them to mind their own pints and quarts and settle down. It's where we get the phrase "Mind your P's and Q's."

Old Sayings, and Where They Came From

http://www.suddenlysenior.com/oldsayings.html

(This post was edited by sparks on Feb 14, 2003, 7:05 PM)

DISH2000

Feb 14, 2003, 7:11 PM

Post #38 of 45 (4169 views)

Shortcut

Re: [sparks] [P's and Q's] How old are you

Can't Post |
I am a very, very old soul. I think you know what I mean. I have met very young people who acted more mature than their fathers, and old men who acted like they were teenagers. I am somewhere in between.

Great website.......DISH2000

beccasue

Feb 14, 2003, 8:46 PM

Post #39 of 45 (4170 views)

Shortcut

Re: [DISH2000] letter of reference

Can't Post |
Excellent point. By the way, I was wondering if you
could write a letter of reference for me. You see,
I work in social services here in Florida, but can't get
a job because I am not bilingual. I am tired of appologizing for the fact that I only speak the official language of the country.

And, yes, my husband IS Mexican, and I have taught
many of his family to speak English. And, I intend to
learn Spanish before moving to Mexico, so I can
live as a non-Gringo. Now, what should we do
about the 'Gringos' here in the USA?

Richard

Feb 14, 2003, 8:54 PM

Post #40 of 45 (4163 views)

Shortcut

Re: [DISH2000] Hey Dish2000, May I suggest Metamucil and Electroshock Therapy?

Can't Post |
Then Mexicans Coming to AMERICA should do ONLY THE Same ??? I mean those are your words? With the actuaries reversed .

We should but you shouldn't have to .

Your very sick. Must be sad though living in such delusion

DISH2000

Feb 17, 2003, 1:19 PM

Post #41 of 45 (4115 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Richard] Hey Dish2000, May I suggest Metamucil and Electroshock Therapy?

Can't Post |
Richard,

You miss understand me. I think all people who move to the US, Mexicans too, MUST SPEAK ENGLISH!!! and become apart of the AMERICAN CULTURE!!!

The same for people from the US and Canada, IF THEY MOVE HERE; THEY SHOULD SPEAK SPANISH AND BECOME PART OF THE MEXICAN CULTURE!!!

I agree on some of the things you have to say, I am sure you heard of the following..." When in Rome, Do as the Romans do...."

DISH2000

DISH2000

Feb 17, 2003, 5:24 PM

Post #42 of 45 (4085 views)

Shortcut

Re: [beccasue] letter of reference

Can't Post |
Thanks,

I do know quite a few of the immigration people in Guad. I could not write a letter for you, because I do not know you at all. I am sorry. But your Mexican Husband can help you more than I. It is far easier for an American female to get papers married to a Mexican Male than an American Male getting papers married to a Mexican female.This is the reason that so many American Men take their Mexican girlfriends to the States to get married, besides the special permission that you must have. You got to have $$$ here to even to look at you. Mexican Gov. want people here that have $$$ to invest. Makes sence....

I would not move to Mexico to give up a good job you have in Florida, This reminds me of a story of a fireman from Chicago, Young man around 35 years old, was making around $35,000 or more a year, Wanted to become a fireman in Ajijic. I told him if he would be lucky if he made $3,500 PESOS A YEAR!!!! He took my advice and is going to work until retirement. That what I would do, I met a young retired couple in their 50īs, living on a nice little nest egg, then the market when bad. Now they have NO $$ and have to go back to work. Wait until you feel you have enough to live on, because no one makes the big bucks in Mexico these days, ask the real estate people.

DISH2000

robert kimball123

Feb 20, 2003, 9:44 AM

Post #43 of 45 (4049 views)

Shortcut

Re: [arbon] What is there to do???

Can't Post |
Wow, what a non-sequitor!

Just incidentally, I spent three year teaching various subects in both English and Spanish and serving as the director of the Bicultural at ITESM, Campus Sonora Norte

arbon

Feb 20, 2003, 10:34 AM

Post #44 of 45 (4052 views)

Shortcut

Re: [robert kimball123] What is there to do???

Can't Post |
"Wow, what a non-sequitor!

Just incidentally, I spent three year teaching various subects in both English and Spanish and serving as the director of the Bicultural at ITESM, Campus Sonora Norte"

That would explain how you are able to keep your cool....& know the difference between a "Cedar" & a "Redwood"

PS ...my mother wove non-sequitors,for Benny Hill.

(This post was edited by arbon on Feb 20, 2003, 11:05 AM)

manana

Feb 28, 2003, 6:28 PM

Post #45 of 45 (3971 views)

Shortcut

Re: [edna] What is there to do???

Can't Post |

In Reply To
"i always carry my hockey stick and a puck in my pocket"

I thought you were pleased to see Me or the "scenery"

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4