HMMM, i WONDER "WHO" IS REMOVING ALL THE PAY PER VIEW POSTS nfm

Can't Post |

Musicman

Feb 8, 2003, 4:32 AM

Post #2 of 17 (1377 views)

Shortcut

Re: [obe] HMMM, i WONDER "WHO" IS REMOVING ALL THE PAY PER VIEW POSTS nfm

Can't Post | Private Reply
Go to the General Forum. At last count there were 75 posts, most of which confirm that people want something for nothing.

Brad.

Feb 8, 2003, 5:00 AM

Post #3 of 17 (1337 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Musicman] HMMM, i WONDER "WHO" IS REMOVING ALL THE PAY PER VIEW POSTS nfm

Can't Post |
will you pay? You have posted 6 times in 3 months so as a lurker who contributes nothing you will still be able to do so free.

Musicman

Feb 8, 2003, 2:30 PM

Post #4 of 17 (1262 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Brad.] HMMM, i WONDER "WHO" IS REMOVING ALL THE PAY PER VIEW POSTS nfm

Of course I will pay. Although I don't post often, the small fee is worth the price of entry. Those of us who use more than just the forums know the value this website. Can I borrow the handle "Lurker"?

sidandsara

Feb 8, 2003, 3:58 PM

Post #5 of 17 (1233 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Musicman] HMMM, i WONDER "WHO" IS REMOVING ALL THE PAY PER VIEW POSTS nfm

Can't Post |
I just heard of this recently, how much is this going to cost and will we be contacted to pay by credit card? When does this happen? If we don't pay can we still read and not post? What other privileges do we lose if not paying?

Linda

Rolly

Feb 8, 2003, 4:28 PM

Post #6 of 17 (1220 views)

Shortcut

Re: [sidandsara] HMMM, i WONDER "WHO" IS REMOVING ALL THE PAY PER VIEW POSTS nfm

David says reading will be free, posting will cost. He did not make it clear if the free reading applies only to the forums or to the magazine and other features also.

Rolly Pirate

tonyburton

Feb 8, 2003, 5:11 PM

Post #7 of 17 (1254 views)

Shortcut

DETAILS OF SIGN-UP ADVANTAGES

For details, see
http://www.mexconnect.com/...ption/letterone.html

Uncle Jack

Feb 8, 2003, 5:18 PM

Post #8 of 17 (1217 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tonyburton] DETAILS OF SIGN-UP ADVANTAGES

Tony;

Are you now pimping along with being a moderator. Interesting interview, seems a little self serving. As an old newsman, I have to ask, who did the interview?

UJ

(This post was edited by Uncle Jack on Feb 8, 2003, 5:20 PM)

Rolly

Feb 8, 2003, 5:19 PM

Post #9 of 17 (1203 views)

Shortcut

Now I'm really confused. A day or two ago, I read a post from David that said reading would be free. Just now when I went to get that post to quote it, it was gone. ¿Que paso?

Rolly Pirate

Steve

Feb 8, 2003, 5:32 PM

Post #10 of 17 (1205 views)

Shortcut

Re: The Stupidist Idea Since they Put Topes on the Bypass

Remember a short while back when they put two topes on the bypass highway near the new Technical School. In short order, at least one car got wrecked there and the powers that be took them right down.
Same thing here. This is basically an information forum. There are probably three groups who use it. 1) those who have nothing to say and nothing to do. If they have the money, they will probably join; 2) those who are seeking information. They will not pay $30 to ask a question or find out some information - which they think they can get for nothing (and what they do get may be sadly wrong) and 3) those who visit this forum with lots of knowledge in many subjects about the area and who spend their time on it trying to help the second group. This group is not going to spend the money just to help others.
Essentially, you will wind up with a forum of group 1 people and David, being as smart as he is, will see this after the first two weeks and drop the whole stupid idea ... before his advertisers drop him.

obe

Feb 8, 2003, 6:19 PM

Post #11 of 17 (1196 views)

Shortcut

to Brad from the lurkers

Can't Post |
No, I dont think I will be paying.Why would I pay to converse with the likes of you? It makes me so happy that you have the time to count my posts and critique them, what a great past time you have.,

You have no idea of just how little I give a damn

There are some very intelligent & helpful people on this forum that I will miss, although many of them will be leaving also,but then there is you,and those who look like you with such a humungus ego that they need a step ladder just to climb up and look at thier selves in the mirror,you wont be missed.You think that it is just not in the realm of possability that anyone else could even be intelligent enough to know thier own name.Well Now that you wont have my posts to count, you can make more of your own, even if you have to read them youself

(This post was edited by obe on Feb 8, 2003, 6:23 PM)

obe

Feb 8, 2003, 6:25 PM

Post #12 of 17 (1177 views)

Shortcut

thanks ,I was refering to the ones that used to be here,nfm

Can't Post |

obe

Feb 8, 2003, 6:30 PM

Post #13 of 17 (1171 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
Thats No interview!!!!!! Its a script. try again

Mickey B.

Feb 8, 2003, 9:18 PM

Post #14 of 17 (1144 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] DETAILS OF SIGN-UP ADVANTAGES

Can't Post |
I, too, am confused. I, too, saw where David said reading would be allowed; to post would require "subscription." At least that's what I understood. I asked (in my post that was deleted) for clarification. No clarification has been given.

I'm also a little offended that those posts were deleted. I saw them as pertinent exchanges taking place "in forum," so to speak, about current events.

The deletions also raise a question in my mind as to whether or not the information I've gleaned over the past year is tainted or incomplete due to the censorship and SOME (but not all) of the deletions that I've noticed over the past year.

I'm just thinking out loud, folks. I truly enjoyed monitoring these forums and I'm saddened at the current turn of events. But I just can't see paying for the opportunity to draw on information that may be slanted, tainted by censorship, or sanitized in some way to mask the unpleasant or politically incorrect commentary on life in Mexico. Especially when advertisers are paying to advertise on the MexicoConnect site.

I apologize if my remarks offend anyone. I've seldom posted on this forum because as an outsider, I never had anything pertinent or authoritative to say. I guess I never will.

tonyburton

Feb 8, 2003, 10:23 PM

Post #15 of 17 (1138 views)

Shortcut

Re: [obe] DETAILS OF SIGN-UP ADVANTAGES

I was under the mistqaken impression when I posted previously that David had already updated the "letter" to reflect his decision (as he posted a couple of days ago) to make it possible for everyone to read all forums.
The updated version of the letter is definitely now uploaded onto the server and should help clarify the situation.

skwala

Feb 9, 2003, 1:26 PM

Post #16 of 17 (1066 views)

Shortcut

It has always been one of the wonders of the ages to me that so much information is available for free on the internet, this series of forums very much included. It is a bit difficult to have to pay for something that was once free, but I can't say that it bends me all out of shape. $30 per year is pretty cheap for a lot of the information I'v gotten, way overpriced for the whining and moaning and bellyaching that seem to be some posters stock-in-trade. I think I'll sign up. sounds like a deal to me.

SKWALA

juan david

Feb 9, 2003, 7:37 PM

Post #17 of 17 (1022 views)

Shortcut

Re: [skwala] DETAILS OF SIGN-UP ADVANTAGES

Okay, Im in. For half the price of a beer a month in a fern bar. you get all of mexconnect. But!!! There are some mainstay contributors who should haved a special emeritus status and maybe should be recognized instead of being asked to pay. Can you deal with that one David?
" let sleeping dogs lie"

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4