Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

alex

Nov 30, 1919, 12:00 AM

Post #1 of 1 (786 views)

Shortcut

TJ parking, Otay crossing, local fashion

Can't Post |
I thought I'd share the parking arrangement that I use when I visit downtown TJ : Enter San Ysidro crossing and take the Avenida de los Heroes exit. Loop around the Monumento de las Tijeras at Plaza Rio and double back to Cine Bola (CECUT). There is an underground garage under Cine Bola that charges a dollar for all day. They post a parking rate schedule at the ticket dispenser, but for some reason its only a dollar. There is good vigilancia in the garage. Walk out of the garage, cross the street toward Plaza Rio and grab a collectivo taxi to El Centro for 5 pesos. Return the same way. It works pretty well for me as I can combine errands at various offices on Heroes within walking distance, shop at Plaza Rio, do downtown,all in one trip, without worrying about the car.<p>Crossed @ Otay yesterday at 5pm, big mistake, 2 1/2 hours.<p>Shopped at 5 y 10. There is quite a fashion phenomenon going on for the ladies : faded ,low cut jeans decorated with leather lacing, brown colored blouse with the same kind of lacing, open midriff and long flowing sleeves that look like wings. I'll bet there are 20 shops all selling this same merchandise and they can hardly keep it in stock.<p>Alex

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4