Gary sculptari

Jan 12, 2003, 2:51 PM

Post #1 of 24 (15641 views)

Shortcut

Hall of Flame

Can't Post |
I thought the forum readers might appreciate this funny link:

http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame1.html

Should be required reading for all posters!

esperanza

Jan 12, 2003, 6:06 PM

Post #2 of 24 (15469 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Gary sculptari] Hall of Flame

Can't Post | Private Reply
This is hysterical, thanks.

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

Uncle Jack

Jan 12, 2003, 6:42 PM

Post #3 of 24 (15461 views)

Shortcut

No, Esperanza..........

......the posting may have been hilarious, but you would have to be hysterical

esperanza

Jan 12, 2003, 7:26 PM

Post #4 of 24 (15453 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Uncle Jack] No, Esperanza..........

If you wanna see me hysterical, go read my reply to Pedro on the Ajijic board.

Uncle Jack

Jan 13, 2003, 5:26 AM

Post #5 of 24 (15444 views)

Shortcut

Esperanza, I suspect..........

..........that this not going to be the beginning of a beautiful friendship between you and Pedro. However, it could be fun for the rest of us to watch.

FYI: Having talked to Pedro on the phone a couple of times, I strongly suspect that one of the great joys in his life is feces disturbance and, it appears, that he is quite good at it.

UJ

pedro naco

Jan 15, 2003, 4:47 PM

Post #6 of 24 (15423 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Uncle Jack] Esperanza, I suspect..........

Can't Post |
i dunno jack is that in any way related to tea leaf reading?
in any event yu wont find me jumpin on esperanza -he done good on his response to me-it's the other goofs i wuz after 'cept bucky-he an' i hoisted a few an' he's awright cuz he ride's!

(This post was edited by pedro on Jan 15, 2003, 4:57 PM)

Gary sculptari

Jan 15, 2003, 10:51 PM

Post #7 of 24 (15403 views)

Shortcut

Re: [pedro] Esperanza, I suspect..........

Can't Post |
I've seen it, and experienced before Pedro - you get back from a trip, and a week or two later you're grumpier than when you left! Then everything is OK - and maybe reading the posts will give a reminder of Mexican warmth - both the physical and spiritual kind.

pedro naco

Jan 16, 2003, 5:29 AM

Post #8 of 24 (15405 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Gary sculptari] Esperanza, I suspect..........

Can't Post |
i ain't grumpy gary-just my usual lightheaded self-grumpyness actually came out at the chapala inn with 2 couples that started talking about how maybe they were going to save the mexicans from themselves because their lives were so much better in seattle-SNORK!

i like to think i drove them out but they were leaving anyway.

don pedro de chapala de millet

Bucky

Jan 21, 2003, 12:58 PM

Post #9 of 24 (15373 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Gary sculptari] Esperanza, I suspect..........

Can't Post |
Now that's a mouthful. Being there and then leaving causes grumpy withdrawal symptoms, even among the most even tempered, nice, genial, solicitous visitor such as Don Pedro's Millit. I know I've returned to the land of millstones, it's been too cold to do much riding, and I won't have any time off other than weekends until April. I needa retire and help support Mr. Corona.

pedro naco

Jan 23, 2003, 6:34 AM

Post #10 of 24 (15356 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Bucky] Esperanza, I suspect..........

Can't Post |
but bucky old sod you said you were going riding on sat. because it was 65f-shame on you for deceiving us -tut tut

Uncle Jack

Jan 23, 2003, 6:46 AM

Post #11 of 24 (15353 views)

Shortcut

Hey, Pedro!

"don pedro de chapala de millet"

Didn't you call me from Canada yesterday? How can you be in two places at once?

Bucky

Jan 23, 2003, 7:33 AM

Post #12 of 24 (15344 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
I did ride on Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. Too cold Wed. and Thursday, and will be Friday.

Now, so I don't take offense where none is intended, did you call me (old sod) a clump of dirt and turf; relating to the preparation of food by being boiled in liquor; or soaked as in absorbing too much water or other liquid; one who commits sodomy (a worn out debauchee at one time but now mostly homosexuals); damned; fleeing or leaving; or even angry? Some of these definitions are complimentary and others not only offensive but in some places, compliments, others are "fightin'" words. I'd personally favor the worn out debauchee over any of the others, I think.

I'm sure you kanuks are familiar with the King's English, aren't you?

pedro naco

Jan 23, 2003, 8:24 AM

Post #13 of 24 (15342 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
hehe its a term of endearment amongst familiar guys-if your going to ride with me you're going to have to learn about guy type insults which are all good fun -like in my hockey locker room-thats all we do before and after a game-see who can throw the best insults-se ya later dork.

the english belongs to the queen now -where ya been bucky?

(This post was edited by pedro on Jan 23, 2003, 8:26 AM)

Bucky

Jan 23, 2003, 10:34 AM

Post #14 of 24 (15334 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
Familiar or familial? Don't want it incestuous. Gonna ride with you? Eat my dust. Bet your BSA idn't even running. My J.A. Pan is getting new studded seats and hiway bars this week.

And so we don't confuse the King's and the Queen's english, "dork" may refer to either of two distinctly different denotations: 1, "slang (chiefly U.S.). [Of uncertain origin: perh. var. of dirk sb., infl by Dick sb.] The Penis. or 2, A foolish or stupid person; also as a general term of contempt." Don't know if I'd rather be address by the former or the latter, but as a description, I guess probably the latter. I bear no resemblence to the former, in my humble opinion. At least with the latter, I can be disagreeable. Although, on the other hand, I've never been displeased by the latter when it belonged to me and was wielded properly.

pedro naco

Jan 23, 2003, 11:51 AM

Post #15 of 24 (15331 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
you probably used an american dictionary-you goof-dork is the penis of a whale-smarten up you silly acedemic

Bucky

Jan 23, 2003, 1:24 PM

Post #16 of 24 (15325 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
And see that's where you'd be a dork. I used the Oxford English Dictionary based on historical principles. That's published in Oxford England, UK, of which Canada is a propietary subsidiary and houses indentured savants.

sparks

Jan 23, 2003, 7:09 PM

Post #17 of 24 (15314 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
Not only a canadian thing ..

An idiot savant is a person with autism that has extraordinary skills
in certain domains in spite of cognitive deficiencies in most others.

If you think about it, that description characterizes most people probably even you. You know a little bit about a lot of stuff, but for the most part you're clueless about the way most things actually work. Try to explain to someone how a computer functions or what makes plants green or how airplanes resist gravity. We take these things for granted with only a cursory knowledge of the underlying principles. We're all dullards when you come right down to it.

But you also probably have intimate knowledge on something that intrigues you or something you collect or do. You know the lines from your favorite movie verbatim. You remember the statistics of every player on your favorite team. You excel at a certain sport. You're a master at what you do. It's what makes you unique.

That's what the Internet is all about. The net is teeming with idiot savants, experts with home pages devoted to singular topics. Many argue that the Internet has fragmented society, but it has also brought people with similar interests together. You probably have more in common with a fellow Pez dispenser collector living in India that you e-mail or chat with on the net than you do with your own neighbor.

Idiot Savant was founded on this idea...
and of course, the idea that there are monkeys in my bathwater.

http://www.idiotsavant.com/about.htm

esperanza

Jan 23, 2003, 9:57 PM

Post #18 of 24 (15308 views)

Shortcut

Re: [sparks] Esperanza, I suspect..........

Why on EARTH is this thread still connected to my name?

Bucky

Jan 24, 2003, 7:58 AM

Post #19 of 24 (15297 views)

Shortcut

Re: [esperanza] Esperanza, I suspect..........

Can't Post |
You're just lucky, I guess. For several reasons. 1. Where else but earth would it be? 2. As Sparks noted, we Pez dispencer afficianados find each other all over the place. And, 3. Indentured, idiot savants, even those without the savant have time to talk on this

pedro naco

Jan 25, 2003, 3:49 PM

Post #20 of 24 (15289 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Bucky] Esperanza, I suspect-pez

Can't Post |
aren't you lucky,bucky that you found me as my dear old dad was the first-at the same time as the guy in new york-to bring pez to north america.

the idiot that wrote the book on it mispelled our name-but you should have seen the bucks i got just for the goofy company records and some pictures.

pat

Feb 3, 2003, 7:27 PM

Post #21 of 24 (15264 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Gary sculptari] Hall of Flame

I think I saw one of our moderators on that site!!! heheheh.

Pat

http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame18.html

jennifer rose

Feb 3, 2003, 7:49 PM

Post #22 of 24 (15255 views)

Shortcut

Re: [pat] Hall of Flame

Can't Post |
This moderator is pleased with your acumen, Pat. And for being correct, you shall receive one indulgence.

Uncle Jack

Feb 4, 2003, 4:33 AM

Post #23 of 24 (15241 views)

Shortcut

Pat....are you suggesting......

Flame Warriors

Netiquette Nazi

Next

Previous

Warrior Index

Netiquette Nazi is in control and she does not tolerate backtalk. The guidelines for every discussion forum are clearly posted and she demands obedience. If any of you sniveling dogs break the rules or deviate from strict observance of netiquette you WILL be punished.

Mike Reed Illustration

Click HERE to get a signed print of your favorite Flame Warrior.

(This post was edited by Uncle Jack on Feb 4, 2003, 4:34 AM)

pat

Feb 4, 2003, 6:09 PM

Post #24 of 24 (15225 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jennifer rose] Hall of Flame

This moderator is pleased with your acumen, Pat. And for being correct, you shall receive one indulgence.
(Blush).... Was that my one indulgence?

Pat

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4