Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

donald

Jan 20, 2003, 1:14 PM

Post #1 of 29 (4999 views)

Shortcut

For Ed: GUNMEN STRIKE IN CHULA VISTA NORTE

Can't Post |
Four masked and armed gunmen held up a gathering at the home of a couple living in Chula Vista Norte on New Year’s Eve, according to several reports received by this newspaper.

The thieves took cash, credit cards, cell phones and jewelry.

Neighbors said at least one warning shot was fired into the ceiling and one woman was reportedly struck with a pistol.

Although the gated community has full-time guards and video surveillance, the home is located on the edge of the development and could be easily accessed from the outside, one resident said.

The gunmen escaped before the arrival of police. A resident told this newspaper that security measures at Chula Vista Norte are under revision as a result of the crime.

arbon

Jan 22, 2003, 8:30 PM

Post #2 of 29 (4347 views)

Shortcut

Re: [donald] GUNMEN STRIKE IN CHULA VISTA NORTE

Can't Post |
What union are they in?Crazy

Donald,how long do you plan on staying in Mexico.?

pedro naco

Jan 22, 2003, 9:10 PM

Post #3 of 29 (4311 views)

Shortcut

Re: [arbon] GUNMEN STRIKE IN CHULA VISTA NORTE

Can't Post |
i told you guys donald is readying himself to take over from genie in the bottle for when she leaves-don't you think he's doing a good job so far?

perhaps he's actually her brother.

donald,where are you originally from-perhaps i can send you news reports about all the crime and negative things that are happening there to make you feel better about where you are now.

to the annonimous moderator -leave us alone-donald and i are big boys and can take care of ourselves without your interference i think.

and most importantly-we're not breaking the forum rules so far-so i suggest you abide by them too.

arbon

Jan 23, 2003, 2:02 AM

Post #4 of 29 (4278 views)

Shortcut

Re: [pedro] GUNMEN STRIKE IN CHULA VISTA NORTE

Can't Post |
"donald,where are you originally from-perhaps i can send you news reports about all the crime and negative things that are happening there to make you feel better about where you are now."

Donald is from Edmonton,(I'm assuming Edmonton Canada,not Edmonton, Nth London,England).

(This post was edited by arbon on Jan 23, 2003, 2:18 AM)

pedro naco

Jan 23, 2003, 6:26 AM

Post #5 of 29 (4234 views)

Shortcut

Re: [arbon] GUNMEN STRIKE IN CHULA VISTA NORTE

Can't Post |
say it isn't so arbon-that would make him my ex-neighbour and boy do i got crime headlines for him.

so donald are you in fact from edmonchuk-'cause i can send you info that will make you alot happier about where you are now.

donald were you the guy by the way who wanted to sell me his condo down there and are you so mad at me because i told you i wasn't interested in condos.

juraj1

Jan 23, 2003, 8:33 AM

Post #6 of 29 (4211 views)

Shortcut

Re: [donald] For Ed: GUNMEN STRIKE IN CHULA VISTA NORTE

Can't Post |
"Guadalajara Reporter, year XXXX Num. 3, january 18-24, 2003 pag. 19".

Just a copy...

Roses5410

Jan 23, 2003, 11:26 AM

Post #7 of 29 (4158 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post | Private Reply
I've been reading the posts for a little while now and I was curious, Pedro, about what you do for a living? :) Sometimes I think you could be a news reporter...
I love taking pictures...check out my prints for sale @ http://Rosacalaca.dpcprints.com/

pedro naco

Jan 23, 2003, 11:57 AM

Post #8 of 29 (4146 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Roses5410] GUNMEN STRIKE IN CHULA VISTA NORTE

Can't Post |
if you click on my name my profile will come up-but i'm in the antique business -curious-why would you think i was a journalist

Roses5410

Jan 23, 2003, 12:21 PM

Post #9 of 29 (4129 views)

Shortcut

Why, from your comentary on different subjects...and it seems like you enjoy chatting on many different subjects...

Will you & your wife be bringing the antique business when you move or actually retiring and enjoying the good life?
I love taking pictures...check out my prints for sale @ http://Rosacalaca.dpcprints.com/

pedro naco

Jan 23, 2003, 12:37 PM

Post #10 of 29 (4107 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Roses5410] GUNMEN STRIKE IN CHULA VISTA NORTE

Can't Post |
selling everything-but a guy like me never really retires-i'll probably search for good old pieces of folk art when we move there

Bucky

Jan 23, 2003, 1:27 PM

Post #11 of 29 (4104 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
Gonna put yourself on the market and an antique piece of folk art?

obe

Jan 23, 2003, 1:31 PM

Post #12 of 29 (4099 views)

Shortcut

Re: [pedro] WHY WAIT TO GET STARTED IN FOLKART?

Can't Post |
Pedro, Why wait to get some of that Mex folk art?????

I have some 40 excellant Retablos from Mex I can give you a good package deal????

juan david

Jan 23, 2003, 7:35 PM

Post #13 of 29 (4052 views)

Shortcut

Gotta dump the suit, tie and attitude when you retire...wherever that may be. There's some bad stuff everywhere. We got a cottage in God's country and a recently retired couple with their lives ahead of them got gunned down by a couple of no account drugged up bozos in November. We love that cottage life, but there's this random whacko factor at work wherevere you may be. So, we're now in Mexico, got two big bubba dogs and I'm using my mouse paq as a margarita coaster.Hope you get at peace with your decision to emigrate.
" let sleeping dogs lie"

Frank Burton

Jan 23, 2003, 10:22 PM

Post #14 of 29 (4076 views)

Shortcut

We need to put things in perspective for those people not familiar with the area:

Chula Vista Norte is a very isolated development out in the country on the Libramiento bypass between Chapala and San Antonio Tlayacapan; that's probably why they have their own private security force. Chula Vista Norte is not representative of the villages and neighborhoods along the lakeshore: Chapala, Riberas, Chula Vista, San Antonio Tlayacapan, Ajijic, San Juan Cosala, and Jocotepec, to name a few.

(This post was edited by Frank Burton on Jan 23, 2003, 10:24 PM)

PeggyS

Jan 25, 2003, 1:07 AM

Post #15 of 29 (3992 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Frank Burton] For Ed: GUNMEN STRIKE IN CHULA VISTA NORTE

Well put, Frank, couldn't have said it better. Did they ever get the titles to their homes, and do they have water now? I remember last year at this time when friends were asking if they could come take a shower if they brought their own towels, please?? There had been no water there since before Christmas. Scary.

Frank Burton

Jan 25, 2003, 9:07 AM

Post #16 of 29 (3944 views)

Shortcut

Re: [PeggyS] For Ed: GUNMEN STRIKE IN CHULA VISTA NORTE

Hi, Peggy,

I don't have any first-hand info on current conditions at Chula Vista Norte, but have heard second-hand reports about some of the exact same things you said--from a source that I consider to be reliable. Believe I've seen an ad by the developer recently where he claimed titles were being delivered promptly.

Let's put it this way--while I like peace and quiet, an isolated, gated development is not my style. And even if it were, I wouldn't consider buying in CVN.

Frank

j.d. mann

Jan 27, 2003, 6:46 AM

Post #17 of 29 (3902 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Frank Burton] For Ed: GUNMEN STRIKE IN CHULA VISTA NORTE

Can't Post |
"reports from a friend"......"heard second hand from a reliable source"....OH! COME ON...GET IT CORRECT AND STOP SPREADING MALICIOUS RUMORS...NEITHER YOU OR PEGGY HAVE A CLUE ABOUT THE CURRENT CONDITIONS AT 'CHULA VISTA NORTE'.....DEEDS ARE IN ORDER AND CLOSINGS ON ALL PROPERTIES ENCOUNTER NO PROBLEMS...WATER PUMP REPAIRED AND SUBSEQUENTLY REPLACED , END OF STORY. NEW DEVELOPER HAS WORKED DILIGENTLY TO PAY OFF EMBARGO'S ON DEEDS AND UP-GRADE UTILITIES ....FRANK, IF YOU AND PEGGY CAN'T AFFORD TO LIVE HERE...TAKE THE HIGH ROAD AND REFRAIN FROM TRASHING OUR DEVELOPMENT.

johninajijic

Jan 27, 2003, 7:23 AM

Post #18 of 29 (3894 views)

Shortcut

Re: [j.d. mann] For Ed: GUNMEN STRIKE IN CHULA VISTA NORTE

Can't Post |
I can assure you that Peggy, and many others at Lakeside, could afford to live in CVN but refuses to live in such a place by choice. With so many better places to choose from here, why would anyone choose CVN which has about the worst track record of any development? Protesters on the highway and articles in the paper are very rare here when there is trouble with a development but CVN had both. This sorry tale has been going on for many years now. Now as all along through the years we hear the same old sorry refrain “Oh that has all been fixed.”

j.d. mann

Jan 27, 2003, 7:41 AM

Post #19 of 29 (3881 views)

Shortcut

Re: [johninajijic] For Ed: GUNMEN STRIKE IN CHULA VISTA NORTE

Can't Post |
THE PAST IS JUST THAT...PAST, HISTORY, OLD NEWS....ADD JOHN TO THE LIST.... THAT HASN'T GOT A CLUE ABOUT PRESENT CONDITIONS AND ON GOING IMPROVEMENTS AT 'CHULA VISTA NORTE'.....IGNORANCE IS BLISS.....IF YOU'RE GOING TO TALK TRASH, AT LEAST MAKE THE EFFORT TO GET YOUR FACTS UP DATED AND CURRENT.

Uncle Jack

Jan 27, 2003, 7:47 AM

Post #20 of 29 (3872 views)

Shortcut

Hey! J.D.

Lighten up on the caps lock key and your stuff will be easier to read!

(This post was edited by Uncle Jack on Jan 27, 2003, 7:49 AM)

j.d. mann

Jan 27, 2003, 8:11 AM

Post #21 of 29 (3864 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Uncle Jack] Hey! J.D.

Can't Post |
point taken.....thanks

LJ

Jan 27, 2003, 11:06 AM

Post #22 of 29 (3859 views)

Shortcut

Re: [johninajijic] For Ed: GUNMEN STRIKE IN CHULA VISTA NORTE

Can't Post |
John, your email comes back to me as undeliverable. Wanted to say hi. Email me at my "regular" email address.

LJ

pedro naco

Jan 27, 2003, 3:47 PM

Post #23 of 29 (3776 views)

Shortcut

Re: [j.d. mann] Hey! J.D.

Can't Post |
would your place by any chance be for sale j.d.

j.d. mann

Jan 27, 2003, 4:15 PM

Post #24 of 29 (3771 views)

Shortcut

Re: [pedro] Hey! J.D.

Can't Post |
no.......am in process of up-grading garage and entrance way tile and addition of hip roof above front door to deflect rain from north...i'm putting my money where my mouth and heart are...few re-sales availiable, but market is slow...problem with bad information concerning our development...old news, past history.....wish posters would get up to date information and the facts concerning 'chula vista norte' before bad mouthing a decent development and by association it's new owner.

Jeannie

Jan 27, 2003, 4:51 PM

Post #25 of 29 (3772 views)

Shortcut

Re: [j.d. mann] Hey! J.D.

Why don't you consider writing an article for the Ojo Del Lago. As an opt-ed piece it could be very good and informative and I am sure a lot of people here would be interested.
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4