Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > General Forum

chris

Jan 26, 2003, 7:01 PM

Post #1 of 4 (3263 views)

Shortcut

A Solo Border Crossing with children

Can't Post | Private Reply
I would like to take our son to visit his extended family in the US but my spouse needs to stay and work in Mexico. What papers do I need to get into and out of Mexico and the US? . Where will I run into problems with having our child but not having both parents present for permission to cross borders? We have a letter we signed and had noterized but this paper is over 18 months old now. Is it still valid?

Chris

Mereja

Jan 26, 2003, 7:08 PM

Post #2 of 4 (3235 views)

Shortcut

Re: [chris] A Solo Border Crossing with children

Can't Post |
You will need a more recent letter. Probably not to come into the US, but to go back to Mexico. They may ask for it and they may not, but you better have it in case they do. A birth certificate with your name as father and if you have any other kind of ID for the child, but it is not necessary.

chris

Jan 26, 2003, 7:17 PM

Post #3 of 4 (3226 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post | Private Reply
Can we both just sign again on the original noterized letter with a more current date? I thought this rule was in effect so child custody issues aren't taken out of jurisdiction so how would a birth certificate help?

Chris

(This post was edited by chris on Jan 26, 2003, 7:19 PM)

Mereja

Jan 26, 2003, 7:52 PM

Post #4 of 4 (3220 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
I just mean you have to have the child's birth certificate so that they know if he is a US citizen or Mexican, or that it is your child that you are taking out of the country. If you are a US citizen and your child was born in Mexico, then you should have gone, or should go to the US consulate and get a certificate of nationalization for your child so that he/she will be allowed into the US.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4