Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Highlands

anitalee

Jan 23, 2003, 7:52 PM

Post #1 of 6 (2554 views)

Shortcut

Hotels in Guanajuato, San Miguel, Lake Chapala

Can't Post |
My husband and I are planning a trip in late March. We will be flying into Guadalajara and taking a bus to Guanajuato, then to SMA and then back to the Lake Chapala area. We are looking for reasonable places to stay. Can anyone help us with some suggestions?

Estanislao

Jan 24, 2003, 7:40 AM

Post #2 of 6 (2431 views)

Shortcut

Re: [anitalee] Hotels in Guanajuato, San Miguel, Lake Chapala

Can't Post | Private Reply
It's been a couple-three years since I've been there, but the Hostería del Fraile in Guanajuato was very nice and very reasonable. On a quiet pedestrian street two blocks from the main plaza of downtown Guanajuato, el Jardín de la Unión. I don't think they have a web presence, but there is a phone # at:

http://www.infogto.com.mx/guanajuato.htm
--
"It is advisable to look from the tide pool to the stars and then back to the tide pool again."
John Steinbeck and Ed Ricketts - The Log From The Sea Of Cortez
--
Estanislao

MichaelC

Jan 28, 2003, 2:49 PM

Post #3 of 6 (2344 views)

Shortcut

Guanajuato hotel

Can't Post |
There is a large castle style hotel on the outskirts of Guanajuato, Santa Lucia(?). We stayed there several years ago, it is a nice facility, beautiful swimming pool, on site restaurant and cocktail lounge, and just an interesting, and beautiful, looking structure besides. Being on the outskirts it is very quiet.

Enjoy Guanajuato! ~Miguel~

thigl

Feb 2, 2003, 8:35 PM

Post #4 of 6 (2281 views)

Shortcut

Re: [anitalee] Hotels in Guanajuato, San Miguel, Lake Chapala

Can't Post |
I was in Guanajuato (a real jewel) 2 summers ago and stayed a very reasonably priced hotel downtown on the plaza infront of the Belles Artes, off Degollado street. Wonderful plaza which situates you directly in the thick of things. Use Fommers or Lonely Planet guides for some great suggestions; that's how we got ours.

Liz

Feb 23, 2003, 12:02 PM

Post #5 of 6 (2218 views)

Shortcut

Re: [MichaelC] Guanajuato hotel

Can't Post |
  That hotel shares a wall with my house and we stayed there on Valentine's day. It is very quiet in this neighborhood but still just a walk to town. It is not cheap but the room we stayed in was gorgeous with 3 foot thick walls.

Lavanda

Jun 19, 2004, 4:05 PM

Post #6 of 6 (2063 views)

Shortcut

Re: [MichaelC] Guanajuato hotel

Can't Post |
Thast hotel is Castillo de Santa Cecilia

!! Viva Mexico, warts and all !!!

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4