Forums  > Specific Focus > Technical Mexico

gringostarr

Jan 15, 2003, 8:04 PM

Post #1 of 3 (4461 views)

Shortcut

cable internet in cancun

Can't Post |
Hello all!

My friend is looking to find a high-speed residential internet connection in downtown cancun. He will need an UPLOAD speed of at least 128, and a NON-proxied server...I understand that Telmex's internet Cancun uses proxies? Are there any cable companies in Cancun that provide broadband service?

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Jim in Cancun

Jan 16, 2003, 5:30 AM

Post #2 of 3 (4422 views)

Shortcut

Re: [gringostarr] cable internet in cancun

Can't Post | Private Reply
You have reached the number of a technically challenged person :) and I donīt understand all of the terms you use but I will give what info I can. I have AOL, Internet Cancun and prodigy accounts for connecting to the internet--and an internal network at work. I donīt use AOL in Cancun normally but the other 2 give about 50 kbps which is not fast. Prodigy (Telmex) also offers Infinitum which is what you would want and it is available in areas downtown as long as you have a line in the house already and are within a certain distance of the antenna you should have no problem Their link is http://www.telmex.com/...entuhogar/promocion/ in Spanish.

The cable company--Cable+--also offers high speed satellite service with broadband service but as they get more customers speed may decrease.

The webmaster of the page www.cancunassist.com and the message board http://www.cancunassist.com/forums/living/ is Scott Wilson and he is a whiz--check out his page and then browse through the messages there--there are lots of threads and info about the subject.

gringostarr

Jan 16, 2003, 9:55 PM

Post #3 of 3 (4408 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Jim in Cancun] cable internet in cancun

Can't Post |
Thanks Jim..You are the best!:)

do you know if any cable providers porvide CABLE internet in cancun?

thanks a mill!

:))))

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4