Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > North Pacific Region

Kathy Bell

Jan 7, 2003, 1:30 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1918 views)

Shortcut

Mazatlan

Can't Post |
Any suggestions for day trip(s) (via local bus) in or around Mazatlan that would be less touristy than the hotel zone? Perhaps a small beach town, a town with an interesting local market or ???

Estanislao

Jan 7, 2003, 4:11 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1850 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Kathy Bell] Mazatlan

Can't Post | Private Reply
Copala is an interesting small town - inland from Mazatlan an hour or so. It was the setting (with the name changed) for the climactic scene in Waller's book "Puerto Vallarta Squeeze". Stop in Concordia as you go by - larger, but also interesting. Have fun.
--
"It is advisable to look from the tide pool to the stars and then back to the tide pool again."
John Steinbeck and Ed Ricketts - The Log From The Sea Of Cortez
--
Estanislao

annainbc

Jan 7, 2003, 4:22 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1859 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Kathy Bell] Mazatlan

Can't Post |
You should definitely go to Stone Island (booze cruises) as well as dear island (much more deserted) you would need to pack a lunch and beverages since there are no facilities there. You need to find a local with a boat that will drop you off and pick you up later at an agreed upon time. Also you can go to Concordia and Copala, these are small towns near mazatlan that are very beautiful and are a short bus ride away. My husband is from there and grew up there so I will ask him about any other ideas he has for day trips and post again. Also make sure you take a bus to el centro and to Old Mazatlan there are many colonial buildings, museums etc.

Please feel free to e-mail me with any specific questions you have

Anna

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4