Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

lee

Dec 30, 2002, 10:56 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1899 views)

Shortcut

Ajijic to Puerto Vallarta

Can't Post |
I am considering a visit to Puerto Vallarta (from Ajijic)--either by bus or car and could use some advice. If by (First Class) bus, I assume I would need to leave from a bus station in Guadalajara. About how many hours would the trip take? is this a feasible trip to take on the bus for a woman traveling alone who speaks only basic Spanish? If by car, what is the best route? Again, approximately how many hours could I expect the trip to take? Thanks!

Musicman

Dec 31, 2002, 9:11 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1814 views)

Shortcut

Re: [lee] Ajijic to Puerto Vallarta

Can't Post | Private Reply
If your schedule is flexible, there are group tours to PV that include transportation, lodging, meals, and all domestic beverages. Cost varies between $165 and $195US depending on the time of the year. These tours are availble thru most of the travel agencies in the area and take place about every tow months. You are correct in assuming that you would need to go to Guadalajara if you are taking a trip to PV independently. Travel time from Guad to PV is about four and a half hours, maybe a little quicker if you drive your own vehicle. You don't need to be fluent in Spanish regardless of whether you go by tour or alone. Most of the trip is via toll road out of Guad as you go west toward Tepic. Near Tepic you will exit the toll road and follow the signs to PV. The drive is beautiful but take your time the last seventy miles over the meandering road into Puerto Vallarta. Good luck.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4