Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

•Hank•

Dec 29, 2002, 6:45 PM

Post #1 of 9 (3012 views)

Shortcut

Ajijic Developments?

Can't Post |
Does any one know if Ajijic Developments has a new website?

www.ajijicdevs.com gives me a car website. Is it just me?

arbon

Dec 29, 2002, 6:49 PM

Post #2 of 9 (2670 views)

Shortcut

Re: [•Hank•] Ajijic Developments?

Can't Post |
http://www.chapala.com/ajijicdevelopments.html

You were getting a redirect?

ChrisB

Dec 30, 2002, 10:40 AM

Post #3 of 9 (2591 views)

Shortcut

Re: [•Hank•] Ajijic Developments?

Can't Post |
"add a link to the site from your News page? The site is http://www.ajijicdevelopments.com "

Someone sent me this email asking for a link on my website. www.newbeginningsmexico.com

If you are interested in anything being offered by Ajijic Developments you might go look at this page. I don't know the people who put up the site but the pictures are quite informative. Interesting...I thought this was just some real estate hack looking for a plug!! Quite an interesting site.

zapata Bob

Dec 30, 2002, 4:54 PM

Post #4 of 9 (2504 views)

Shortcut

Re: [ChrisB] Ajijic Developments?

Can't Post | Private Reply
About a year ago, there were notices tacked up all over town related to a very poorly constructed new home in the hills just west of Chapala. I think the builder who built the that home was this same firm Ajijic Developments. They would not do anything to repair the damages in the new construction that started to show up shortly after the people from Canada had purchased the house.

It just puts a great reminder on that old saying, "Let the buyer beware!" Hey it just says a little about buying a house thats been around for quite a few years. Maybe a little easier to see the deficiencies!

juan david

Dec 31, 2002, 8:51 AM

Post #5 of 9 (2453 views)

Shortcut

Re: [ChrisB] Ajijic Developments?

Small world. We were in this house in November while looking for a rental. There was major foundation work underway with an expected completion in December. Word from the real estate agent was that the owner's perseverance and publicity campaign paid off. Chalk one up for the good guys!
" let sleeping dogs lie"

•Hank•

Dec 31, 2002, 12:21 PM

Post #6 of 9 (2425 views)

Shortcut

Re: [ian] Ajijic Developments?

Can't Post |
Iteresting...Hummm..the only reason why I was looking for the site is because I have friend interested in a long term rental. My sister and brother in law bought a home in a gated community in ajijic(don't want to give names or locations) about 3 years ago built by Hernandez.

They haven't had any problems with the home but it's true what was mentioned before. You have to be careful and involved in the construction process.

Regards...Hank

Shawn4

Jan 4, 2003, 9:24 AM

Post #7 of 9 (2344 views)

Shortcut

Re: [ian] Ajijic Developments?

Can't Post |
Actually, there are a couple websites floating around about Ajijic Developments' business practices. The one ChrisB is talking about, ajijicdevelopments.com, is in regards to my parents' house, which Ajijic Developments has still not agreed to fix. If anyone is interested, there is more information, with photos, on the website.

Ed

Jan 4, 2003, 11:24 AM

Post #8 of 9 (2310 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Shawn4] Ajijic Developments?

Can't Post |
Shawn and you would'nt want them to build a house for you.You know there a great co.haha.

Rolly

Jan 4, 2003, 12:32 PM

Post #9 of 9 (2315 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Shawn4] Ajijic Developments?

From what I can see in the photos, the problems appear to unfixable. It would appear that the footings/foundations were done wrong and/or the land is very unstable. Do the near-by neighbors have similar problems -- indicating a land problem? Or is this house to only bad one -- indicating shoddy workmanship in this house?

You might want to post this story on the Construction Forum to get some reactions from others of us "builder" types.

Good Luck!

Rolly Pirate

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4