Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

Aranza

Apr 1, 2019, 7:54 PM

Post #1 of 4 (755 views)

Shortcut

TIP car permit

Can't Post | Private Reply
I am in Tampico. Do I need to drive to the boarder to renew my car permit.i also have a small trailer on the same permit.
Thanks

rvgringo

Apr 2, 2019, 8:33 AM

Post #2 of 4 (746 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Aranza] TIP car permit

If your Importada Temporal is about to run out, and your tourist permit is also about to expire, yes, you will need to go to the border.However; if you have a residente temporal visa, you must simply go to the nearest Aduana office immediately, after renewing, or any other change of INM status, and formally request (by letter, in Spanish, available online) extension of your Importada Temporal to match your new status' expiry date.If you missed that.....go to the border and get a new TIP on re-entry.If you have a Residente Permanente Visa, you cannot have, or drive your USA venicle in Mexico.

(This post was edited by RickS on Apr 2, 2019, 1:12 PM)

RickS

Apr 2, 2019, 1:15 PM

Post #3 of 4 (739 views)

Shortcut

RV Gringo made a small ‘typo’ error when he said in the second sentence “if you have a Residente Permanente’ you can renew. He meant to say Residente Temporal. I have corrected that sentence.

As an addition... if one has to go back to the border, the trailer must also accompany the trip as it is ‘tied’ to the TIP and they won’t do anything if the trailer is left behind in Tampico.

Moderator.

(This post was edited by RickS on Apr 2, 2019, 1:23 PM)

Aranza

Apr 2, 2019, 7:59 PM

Post #4 of 4 (730 views)

Shortcut

Ok thanks all. I’m on a tourist visa so I guess I’m driving to the border with trailer. I have till mid May so I’ll wait till after the spring breakers are gone.
Thanks again

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4