Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > General Forum

esperanza

Mar 28, 2019, 9:35 AM

Post #1 of 3 (599 views)

Shortcut

RIP Geri Anderson

Can't Post | Private Reply
Geri Anderson, an old friend here and a long-time resident of Oaxaca, passed away last night. For all of us old-timers on Mexconnect, this is a big loss. Here's what a poster on another web board said:

"I bring the sad news that Geri Anderson died yesterday in her beloved Oaxaca. Many people know Geri from her memoir "Oh Oaxaca" and before that for her magical guest house in Oaxaca.

I first met Geri over 20 years ago when we sat next to each other at an orientation assembly at the language institute in Oaxaca. The speaker was advising us to watch our feet when walking around in Mexico and Geri stood up and showed us her bandaged leg and said Tell me about it. ONe of the first things she did in Oaxaca was step into a hole in the street. The two of us laughed and introduced ourselves, soon after decided to move to Oaxaca and basically never stopped laughing for the next 20 years. And talking about the magic and mystery of Mexico pretty well every day via email.
Geri loved PE too and was a frequent visitor here, the past few years at the BenZaa."

QEPD Geri, we will miss you very much.

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

tonyburton

Mar 28, 2019, 11:18 AM

Post #2 of 3 (596 views)

Shortcut

Re: [esperanza] RIP Geri Anderson

That is indeed sad news. Thanks for posting, Cristina.
Our sincere condolences to Geri's family and friends; she will be missed.
To get some idea of Geri's amazing versatility, see this list of articles written by her for MexConnect: http://www.mexconnect.com/...uthor_ids%5D%5B%5D=4

RickS

Mar 29, 2019, 9:07 AM

Post #3 of 3 (575 views)

Shortcut

Re: [esperanza] RIP Geri Anderson

Oh, my, that is a loss. Geri was always ready to help with information about Oaxaca. Sorry that I never got to meet her in person.
RIP Geri

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4