Forums  > General > General Forum

salto_jorge

Feb 10, 2019, 11:04 AM

Post #1 of 15 (1867 views)

Shortcut

Is MexConnect basically Dead ?

Can't Post | Private Reply
Is MexConnect basically Dead ?
I always found MexConnect as a useful way to share thoughts and ask questions.Have most users moved away or has old age taken its toll ?

Maybe the street/civil situations has reduced participation in Mexican forums.

For one, I do not use FaceBook.

I think www.chapala.com, www.insidelakeside.com, banderasnews and www.expatexchange.com may still be active.

Salto

rvgringo

Feb 10, 2019, 12:48 PM

Post #2 of 15 (1864 views)

Shortcut

Re: [salto_jorge] Is MexConnect basically Dead ?

It isn't completely dead, but is pretty quiet these days. Those other sites are more locale-specific, so usually get the most traffic. This site, and Expat Forum are general in nature & foucus on the entire country. However, you and I may be the only hold-outs not using Facebook & the other phone-based services. I have looked at them on the computer, but found nothing of interest.So, stick around and start some conversations. This has always been a comfortable and civil place to chat.

tonyburton

Feb 10, 2019, 12:56 PM

Post #3 of 15 (1864 views)

Shortcut

Re: [salto_jorge] Is MexConnect basically Dead ?

- Have most users moved away or has old age taken its toll ?
Both.
As you know, Mexconnect was launched way back in 1996. While our forums became incredibly popular, they were never the main purpose of the site which was to boost the quality and quantity of reliable Mexico-based content on the web, an endeavor in which we clearly succeeded. Readership of our 3700+ articles hasn't skipped a beat, even if forum traffic has, inevitably plummeted in the face of competition from FB, Twitter, Instagram, etc.We appreciate the support and loyalty of all our readers over so many years.We are continuing to add new articles occasionally but have no plans for modernizing the site.

jreboll

Feb 23, 2019, 10:17 AM

Post #4 of 15 (1730 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tonyburton] Is MexConnect basically Dead ?

I was banned a year or two ago and can get on sporadically. This has happened to others. Donít know why.

tonyburton

Feb 23, 2019, 10:46 AM

Post #5 of 15 (1729 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jreboll] Is MexConnect basically Dead ?

To the very best of my knowledge, you have NEVER been banned. So far as I am aware, the only posters banned in recent years have been spam merchants.

jreboll

Feb 23, 2019, 2:05 PM

Post #6 of 15 (1726 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tonyburton] Is MexConnect basically Dead ?

I can log in when Iím in Mexico but when I try to log in when in Texas I am banned

johanson

Feb 23, 2019, 6:14 PM

Post #7 of 15 (1720 views)

Shortcut

I can log in be I in Canada, the US or here along the shores of Lake Chapala, Jalisco, Mx. No problem whatsoever. Sadly that doesn't help you. I wish I could.

RickS

Feb 24, 2019, 9:09 AM

Post #8 of 15 (1697 views)

Shortcut

In Reply To
I can log in when Iím in Mexico but when I try to log in when in Texas I am banned

Could you better describe "banned". What is actually said?

rvgringo

Feb 24, 2019, 1:08 PM

Post #9 of 15 (1686 views)

Shortcut

Re: [RickS] Is MexConnect basically Dead ?

I visit this site almost daily, and have done so from Mexico, Arizona and Texas, using the 'remember me' log-in function. I have the website on my toolbar, and just have to click on it. It opens every time.

jreboll

Feb 26, 2019, 5:16 AM

Post #10 of 15 (1611 views)

Shortcut

Re: [rvgringo] Is MexConnect basically Dead ?

I go to Mexconnect then the forum section and up comes the notice ďyou are bannedĒ

johanson

Feb 26, 2019, 9:35 AM

Post #11 of 15 (1598 views)

Shortcut

Weird.

Moisheh

Mar 24, 2019, 5:59 PM

Post #12 of 15 (1143 views)

Shortcut

Re: [johanson] Is MexConnect basically Dead ?

I only come on this forum once in awhile but I remember when I first joined. The Jennifer days!! Was a great forum and a wealth of information. AS well had some colorful characters!

Moisheh

Brian

Mar 25, 2019, 5:44 AM

Post #13 of 15 (1127 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Moisheh] Is MexConnect basically Dead ?

In Reply To
I only come on this forum once in awhile but I remember when I first joined. The Jennifer days!! Was a great forum and a wealth of information. AS well had some colorful characters!

Moisheh

I wonder whatever became of Bubba. We had strong disagreements about whether the drug cartels' activities would have a major impact the lives of expats and law-abiding citizens. The mantra was " If you don't involve yourself in drugs and illegal activities, you will be safe".

Moisheh

Mar 25, 2019, 6:04 AM

Post #14 of 15 (1121 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Brian] Is MexConnect basically Dead ?

I think Bubba returned to the forum under a different handle. He had a different sense of humor and was super intelligent.

rvgringo

Mar 25, 2019, 7:17 AM

Post #15 of 15 (1118 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Moisheh] Is MexConnect basically Dead ?

I heard that 'Bubba' is now recovering from hip replacement.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4