Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

jerrye

Dec 6, 2018, 6:05 PM

Post #1 of 5 (1959 views)

Shortcut

New Vehicle Warranty

Can't Post | Private Reply
Bought a new Hyundai vehicle in Mexico and was informed by the dealer that oil changes have to be performed at the dealer or the warranty is void
Just curious if anyone knows if this is actually true

chicois8

Dec 7, 2018, 7:11 AM

Post #2 of 5 (1952 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jerrye] New Vehicle Warranty

In Reply To
Bought a new Hyundai vehicle in Mexico and was informed by the dealer that oil changes have to be performed at the dealer or the warranty is void
Just curious if anyone knows if this is actually true

Maybe read the warranty.......
Ocanahua, Jalisco
San Mateo, California

roberth

Dec 7, 2018, 8:53 AM

Post #3 of 5 (1950 views)

Shortcut

My understanding is that is how it works when purchasing a new car, everything has to be done at the dealership.

Gatos

Dec 10, 2018, 12:42 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1916 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
In 2016 we purchased a new Subaru here in Mexico. Took it back to the dealership (an hour+ away) the first year for service. When we called to schedule the service for year 2 we found out the dealership is no more. There are still Subaru dealerships in Mexico but they are even further from our home. I called Subaru US and was told that non-dealer service on the car does not invalidate the warranty as long as we keep excellent records. Which kind of makes sense right ? in an emergency etc it may not be possible to get to a dealership. At this point I am planning on visiting an official Subaru dealership once more - right before the warranty is due to run out.

roberb7

Apr 11, 2019, 9:39 AM

Post #5 of 5 (152 views)

Shortcut

Yes, it's true. I got the same story from my Kia dealer.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4