Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > General Forum

esperanza

Nov 24, 2018, 1:30 PM

Post #1 of 6 (2646 views)

Shortcut

Anónimo--aka Michael Warshauer

Can't Post | Private Reply
I just received word that longtime Mexconnect member "Anónimo"--known to his face-to-face friends and acquaintances as Michael Warshauer--has passed. Condolences to his wife, Susan, and to his family and friends.

September 28, 1942 - November 23, 2018. QEPD.

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

RickS

Nov 25, 2018, 8:52 AM

Post #2 of 6 (2628 views)

Shortcut

Re: [esperanza] Anónimo--aka Michael Warshauer

OMG, I can’t believe this news! Anónimo was always a “Reasoned Poster” and one could just tell he was a man of integrity. He was one of the Posters that I always wanted to meet, as you say, face-to-face.

And, yes, condolences to his wife and family. RIP Michael

chicois8

Nov 25, 2018, 9:00 AM

Post #3 of 6 (2627 views)

Shortcut

Almost every year Mike and Susan would visit relatives in Northern California and we would get together with another passed member DL Glidden and his wife Bridgette for a nice meal at a local East Bay restaurant...Que Lastima.
Ocanahua, Jalisco
San Mateo, California

tonyburton

Nov 25, 2018, 9:35 AM

Post #4 of 6 (2624 views)

Shortcut

Thanks, Esperanza, for letting us know. That is indeed sad news. Another of the positive and well-informed old-timers passes into the great beyond. Our condolences to his family and friends from everyone connected to Mexconnect, Tony, David, et al..

johnv

Nov 26, 2018, 7:28 PM

Post #5 of 6 (2599 views)

Shortcut

I am sorry to hear that Mike has passed away. I was lucky enough to have met him and Susan for dinner in Santa Rosa back in 2007 or 2008.

Azuledos

Dec 27, 2018, 12:06 PM

Post #6 of 6 (1948 views)

Shortcut

It has been a while since I checked in here. Sad to hear of the passing of Mike Warshauer (Anónimo, Don Cuevas). I first ran across his tracks at the NSS grotto at Yale, where he, although a "townie" was a stalwart there during the late '50s. It was a surprise to find him 50+ years later as a expat here, preceding us SOTB. We corresponded via PM about his spelunking memories (the Gunbarrel in Knox Cave, etc), and years in the food business. We never got to visit in person, and I regret the missed opportunity that would have presented to trade stories of our life experiences. His blog was a joy to read. I will miss him. Ave Atque Vale , and yes QDEP.

Dan

PS: Added this, a great lookback at a remarkable man:https://redshoesarebetterthanbacon.wordpress.com/...l-warshauer-q-e-p-d/

(This post was edited by Azuledos on Dec 27, 2018, 3:26 PM)

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4