Forums  > Areas > North Pacific Region

geejayen

Oct 29, 2018, 3:50 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1064 views)

Shortcut

Looking for Custom Furniture Manufacturers

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hello!,
My name is Gary and I live in Los Angeles. I sell custom furniture here in Los Angeles and I am looking to expand and increase my shop inventory. I was wondering if anyone could give me the names or information on companies in Mexico who can create custom wood furniture based on my designs? Even a small shop would work. I really like the quality and craftsmanship of the furniture I have seen in Mexico. I have been looking on the internet, but not much luck as I think a lot of places in Mexico do not advertise on the internet. I see a lot of furniture stores there, but not many furniture makers. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

rvgringo

Oct 30, 2018, 1:21 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1053 views)

Shortcut

Re: [geejayen] Looking for Custom Furniture Manufacturers

Can't Post | Private Reply
You are correct. Few artisans will even have a computer. You will probably need to make a road trip to areas that interest you, and ask locals for references. You can then see their work and find out if they are able to ship to you, etc. You might start in Tonala, a suburb close to Guadalajara, where many such shops exist, and where shipping to the USA is easily arranged.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4