Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Highlands

skyline

Aug 4, 2018, 1:08 PM

Post #1 of 2 (874 views)

Shortcut

Morelia neighborhoods

Can't Post | Private Reply
I am curious about the neighborhoods of Morelia. Looking at renting a furnished two bedroom apartment or house. Possibly January thru March. Not in the centro district. Will be relying on public transportation. From what little I have learned, being out of the " loop " is not a bad idea for areas that are less noisy. Yeah, I know that may be a relative term. Santa Maria del Guido has been mentioned on old posts here. Able to walk to some trendy restaurants, coffee shop, university, park and safe would be super. Any ideas will be welcomed. Skyline.

esperanza

Aug 15, 2018, 9:29 PM

Post #2 of 2 (790 views)

Shortcut

Re: [skyline] Morelia neighborhoods

Can't Post | Private Reply
Be careful of renting in Sta María de Guido. It's a lovely old town up on a hill overlooking the city of Morelia, and the access road to several huge new housing and shopping developments passes right through it. The traffic going up and down that hill is generally unbelievably horrible, bumper to bumper parking lot horrible at times.

If it were me, I'd look in the several Chapultepec colonias, in Col. Las Américas, in Col. Electricistas on the side streets off Av. Ventura Puente, in Col. Félix Ireta, or in Col. Bosque Camelinas or Ejidal Ocolusen. All of those colonias are in flat areas, are older and have beautiful sections, restaurants, most of the things you're looking for. You might want to look on Calle Bartolomé de las Casas and in that area, although it might be fairly expensive.

Traffic in Morelia is always problematic, but manageable for the most part.

Suerte!

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4