Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Pacific Region

sanjuan

Jul 21, 2018, 2:39 PM

Post #1 of 7 (1275 views)

Shortcut

Careyes, Tenacatita

Can't Post | Private Reply
Are there beaches in the above area that have clear, turquoise water?

RickS

Jul 22, 2018, 1:10 PM

Post #2 of 7 (1258 views)

Shortcut

Re: [sanjuan] Careyes, Tenacatita

You will probably get as many (different) answers to this question as there are (different) opinions of what constitutes 'clear' and 'turquoise'.

When I think of turquoise water, I think of most places in the Caribbean but not the Pacific Ocean. Sea of Cortez, yes.
The beaches there are really nice and pretty calm as it is in a 'bay'.

But for me, I don't think of the words clear, turquoise waters when I think of Tenacatita. YMMV

sanjuan

Jul 22, 2018, 1:44 PM

Post #3 of 7 (1255 views)

Shortcut

Re: [RickS] Careyes, Tenacatita

I think there were some beaches with clear water and white sand bottom which made for turquoise appearing water around Careyes when I was there 20 some years ago. I wonder if there are other similar places in that general area. I am driving there later this week and I don't want to miss any. On the west coast aside from Baja I have seen such at Los Gatos beach across the bay from Zihuatanejo and at a beach north of Puerto Vallarta and at Puerto Angel in Oxaxaca. There must be more. I guess I need to try some different forums. Years ago some guy had detailed photos of many places along the west coast online. Tom's?

playaboy

Jul 22, 2018, 3:43 PM

Post #4 of 7 (1248 views)

Shortcut

https://tomzap.com/

(This post was edited by RickS on Jul 23, 2018, 9:46 AM)

sanjuan

Jul 22, 2018, 4:52 PM

Post #5 of 7 (1244 views)

Shortcut

Re: [playaboy] Careyes, Tenacatita

Thanks playaboy that is what I was looking for. What a resource.

N2Futur

Aug 17, 2018, 1:05 PM

Post #6 of 7 (1029 views)

Shortcut

Crystal clear water (caribbean blue) can be found at Isla Cocinas. Need to hire a lancha in Perula to get there. It's our favorite beach.

Elke

sanjuan

Aug 18, 2018, 5:15 AM

Post #7 of 7 (1002 views)

Shortcut

Re: [N2Futur] Careyes, Tenacatita

In Reply To
Crystal clear water (caribbean blue) can be found at Isla Cocinas. Need to hire a lancha in Perula to get there. It's our favorite beach.
Thanks. I can see the clear and blue water on Google satellite. It took about 6 tries to post this. I kept getting page cannot be displayed. Why?

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4