Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

ilovesinglets

Jul 4, 2018, 9:49 AM

Post #1 of 4 (7430 views)

Shortcut

Driving in Mexico

Can't Post | Private Reply
This blog post about driving around in Mexico is a good reference point when taking day trips down there. There's some insightful stuff that comes in handy, even for people who go down often.

The site itself is pretty nice and covers a lot of different things about the Baja Peninsula. I'd recommend checking it out before your next trip south of the border.

https://explorandobaja.com/...s/driving-in-mexico/

(This post was edited by ilovesinglets on Jul 4, 2018, 9:55 AM)

RickS

Jul 4, 2018, 8:13 PM

Post #2 of 4 (7418 views)

Shortcut

Re: [ilovesinglets] Driving in Mexico

OK as blogs go, but..... it appears that the writer’s total experience is in the Baja but tends to call it “Mexico” as if all that is being said is germain to the mainland also.... which I found it not to be.

The Baja is almost a country to itself so writing about it does not, IMO, give the reader a very good look at ‘the other’ Mexico. YMMV

ilovesinglets

Jul 5, 2018, 7:57 AM

Post #3 of 4 (7408 views)

Shortcut

Re: [RickS] Driving in Mexico

I see your point, but as someone who has driven throughout Mexico and Baja California, Mexico, I have to respectfully disagree.

Seeing that Baja is in Mexico, the rules of the roads and what you need to be cognizant of are the same. Of course, there are more areas etc. to watch out for and be aware of in 'Mexico' per se, the general rules still apply.

bowmanmt

Aug 16, 2018, 4:18 AM

Post #4 of 4 (5185 views)

Shortcut

Re: [ilovesinglets] Driving in Mexico

I am 61, at the age of 17 I left Connecticut for PV. Been driving back and forth countless times. When we lived in San Diego we did the Baja route and then the car Ferry to PV. Personal I would stay away from driving in Mexico. And if you do be off the roads by sunset. I was always the one defending mexico, when people said Mexico was not safe. no more. Yes indeed its a crying shame.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4