Forums  > General > General Forum

maxwelljoh

Jun 5, 2018, 11:55 PM

Post #1 of 7 (1507 views)

Shortcut

best dog nail trimmer

| Private Reply
Hi everyone
I am using URPOWER RECHARGEABLE PET NAIL GRINDER for my dog, but it seems he is not happy with it, I am looking for its replacement, please do suggest me some good dog nail clippers. My budget is no more than 100$.....
Thanks, best regards

Sunnyvmx

Jun 6, 2018, 3:29 AM

Post #2 of 7 (1504 views)

Shortcut

Re: [maxwelljoh] best dog nail trimmer

| Private Reply
I much prefer grinding than cutting. I use a small dremel with cord. Only take off the tips each time. Once a week and the quick will pull back allowing the nail to be shortened a little each time. Beware of holding the paw too tight or twisting it and causing discomfort. As your dog finds out that it's not going to hurt, he will relax. If your dog has long hair use extra caution as the dremel will catch the hair quickly and become entangled. Try to do it slowly and with a lot of patience by yourself as it causes more fear if he's being held tightly by a second person. Use a firm "No" if he struggles and let him wear himself out, but don't let go of the paw. If he wins, you lose and then you're starting over and his fight may be stronger. Sometimes it's better to win with just one paw. There's always "manana". My dogs always went to sleep, but the pup I have now still doesn't like it although she accepts "it's going to get done".

rvgringo

Jun 6, 2018, 9:54 AM

Post #3 of 7 (1498 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Sunnyvmx] best dog nail trimmer

| Private Reply
Interesting. We have always had dogs, but have never trimmed claws. Our current dog, a Jindo, does chew her own claws when they get too long and sharp. She is much like a cat in her self-grooming habits.

chicois8

Jun 6, 2018, 5:22 PM

Post #4 of 7 (1491 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Are you guys feeding a troll? this is a travel to Mexico board not a vet board...
new member- 1 post- not returned= troll
Rincon de Guayabitos,Nayarit
San Mateo, California

johanson

Jun 6, 2018, 9:19 PM

Post #5 of 7 (1484 views)

Shortcut

Re: [chicois8] best dog nail trimmer

| Private Reply
I appreciated the post. I learned things from reading this topic.

maxwelljoh

Jun 11, 2018, 12:46 AM

Post #6 of 7 (1439 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Thank you so much for your kind response it really worth for me. i have also gathers more information from expert blog name subjected best dog nail clippers http://expertstance.com/best-dog-nail-clipper/

(This post was edited by maxwelljoh on Jun 11, 2018, 12:47 AM)

tonyburton

Jun 11, 2018, 6:38 AM

Post #7 of 7 (1429 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
And there we have it - a clickbait troll, so thread is being locked.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4