Forums  > Areas > Southern Mexico

indianajulia

Mar 16, 2018, 11:22 AM

Post #1 of 2 (9711 views)

Shortcut

Reasonable hotel rooms in Oaxaca City

Can't Post | Private Reply
I am going to Oaxaca in April/May.
I have visited Oaxaca City almost every year for well over a decade and enjoyed staying at Hotel Monte Alban on the zocalo. Things are changing. Including me. I can no longer bear the increased volume of never ending noise pollution and beds so hard they should be considered torture devices.
I have searched the usual places online for a new hotel with decent (soft) beds and rooms that are situated away from noise .
But, of course, reviews online are not reliable.
So I am now reaching out to you folks who might be aware of a hidden gem in Centro that is mid range $.
Thank you in advance for your help.
www.thestarchildgallery.com

esperanza

Apr 20, 2018, 10:37 PM

Post #2 of 2 (7272 views)

Shortcut

Re: [indianajulia] Reasonable hotel rooms in Oaxaca City

Can't Post | Private Reply
Take a look at Hotel Principal, at Calle 5 de mayo 208. Look at their own website, not at Booking.com etc, and book directly with the hotel. I stay there frequently and will be doing so again starting on April 25.

The hotel offers basic but good-size double rooms with good-size bath (some rooms with tub). It's clean, the beds are older but very comfortable, the staff is pleasant and helpful if you need help, and it's within easy walking distance of just about anything in the central part of town. I like the 1st floor, the floor above reception. Prices are really good, quite low and within just about any traveler's budget. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. It's not luxury, but it's really pleasant. Ask for an off-street room toward the back, you won't hear one peep from the street.

The hotel phone number is (951) 516-2535. Tell them I sent you.

See you there!

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4