Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

gringoslocos

Feb 28, 2018, 9:21 AM

Post #1 of 4 (3295 views)

Shortcut

Sales Process in Mexico

Can't Post | Private Reply
Good afternoon,

I recently started a company throughout Mexico (Monterrey, Guad, Mex City, Cancun) and it is a B2B sales business of goods. I have noticed that a lot of our customers will not remit payment until "hassled". Is this normal and, if so, how have you dealt with this?

Thanks,
Brad

More details: The customer will place an order with one of our field sales reps. The order will be sent to our facility, processed and shipped. About 35-50% the time the customer will not make payment until our rep goes back to the customer and asks for payment. It's almost like a game, and in other countries if this were to happen, we would discontinue business with that particular customer...but this is almost half of our business.

Any advice is much appreciated!!

addtocart

Mar 1, 2018, 6:32 AM

Post #2 of 4 (3276 views)

Shortcut

Re: [gringoslocos] Sales Process in Mexico

Can't Post |
On a related note, my landlord says he refers to rent to Gringos because we pay our rent.

Maesonna

Mar 11, 2018, 7:06 PM

Post #3 of 4 (3186 views)

Shortcut

Re: [gringoslocos] Sales Process in Mexico

Can you make a change to your pricing policy: offer a ‘discount’ for prompt (i.e. on-time, without nagging) payment. But the ‘discounted’ price is actually your normal price, while the higher ‘base price’ (which they pay if you have to hassle them) is secretly your normal price with an aggravation surcharge.

johanson

Mar 12, 2018, 9:08 AM

Post #4 of 4 (3161 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Maesonna] Sales Process in Mexico

Sure sounds like a good idea to me. That could be a real winner. I would presume that it is allowed.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4