Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Southern Mexico

stormcunningham

Jan 14, 2018, 8:04 AM

Post #1 of 6 (19838 views)

Shortcut

Reliable high-speed internet in Puerto Escondido yet?

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hi, folks: My wife and I have stayed at Casa Lily on Playa Zicatela in Puerto Escondido several times over the past 15 years, and the internet has always been spotty.

Now, I publish an online magazine, and have to work on it every morning, so reliable high-speed internet is more important than ever: it's the only way we can leave the country for 4 or 5 weeks at a time, as we do.

Can anyone tell me if fiber optic has reached Puerto Escondido yet? I believe Telmex was using a satellite connection before, which is probably why it was so unreliable. Gracias. amigos! - Storm

RickS

Jan 14, 2018, 10:26 AM

Post #2 of 6 (19835 views)

Shortcut

Re: [stormcunningham] Reliable high-speed internet in Puerto Escondido yet?

If you haven't already..... you might want to google Puerto Escondido Internet for posts on the subject.

stormcunningham

Jan 14, 2018, 10:30 AM

Post #3 of 6 (19833 views)

Shortcut

Re: [RickS] Reliable high-speed internet in Puerto Escondido yet?

Yep. That was the first thing I did, of course.

johanson

Jan 15, 2018, 9:49 AM

Post #4 of 6 (19821 views)

Shortcut

You mentioned satellite internet. The last time I checked, Hughesnet provided satellite service to much of Mexico. The speed offered was slower than that which is offered by them in the states. You might check out that option. Oh and with a properly sized satellite dish the signal should be pretty reliable
Also. If you have Telcel service there, they also offer internet. Again they are rather expensive, but along the shores of Lake Chapala, at least, they offer high speed connections. Sorry, I do not know what they offer at Puerto Escondido.

playaboy

Jan 15, 2018, 2:09 PM

Post #5 of 6 (19815 views)

Shortcut

If you are not streaming or downloading big files, telcel could be an option. 4gigs for 500 pesos is not that expensive.

I get 4g in most of Mexico and 4g LTE in quite a few areas

klasp

Jan 16, 2018, 3:02 PM

Post #6 of 6 (19799 views)

Shortcut

Re: [playaboy] Reliable high-speed internet in Puerto Escondido yet?

There is not any fiber optics in Puerto.

Perhaps you want to relocate closer to town. In Bacocho I am currently getting 7Mbps download and .67 Mbps upload.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4