Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > General Forum

tonyburton

Nov 26, 2017, 12:00 PM

Post #1 of 5 (299 views)

Shortcut

Sad news - Long-time MexConnect contributor Scott Parks has passed.

Can't Post | Private Reply
We're sorry to report that Scott Parks, a long-time MexConnect contributor, passed away recently at his home in Melaque. His contributions to the forums were numerous, and invariably positive, helpful and interesting. His genuine interest in Mexico and love for the country and its people will be sadly missed.

For a complete list of his posts on this site, click here

May you rest in peace, amigo.

(This post was edited by tonyburton on Nov 26, 2017, 12:01 PM)

chicois8

Nov 27, 2017, 7:14 AM

Post #2 of 5 (270 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tonyburton] Sad news - Long-time MexConnect contributor Scott Parks has passed.

Scott went by the screen name of Sparks, I contacted him to ask about a recommendation for a hotel in Melaque and he invited me to stay at his house, we sat up half the night telling Mexico stories..
great memories--great guy, will be missed..........
Rincon de Guayabitos,Nayarit
San Mateo, California

esperanza

Nov 27, 2017, 7:31 AM

Post #3 of 5 (268 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tonyburton] Sad news - Long-time MexConnect contributor Scott Parks has passed.

Sad news indeed...Scott Parks was a great guy. QEPD amigo.

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

johanson

Nov 27, 2017, 8:08 AM

Post #4 of 5 (265 views)

Shortcut

Re: [esperanza] Sad news - Long-time MexConnect contributor Scott Parks has passed.

Yes, sad news. I met him when he lived along the shores of Lake Chapala. He was from my home town of Seattle, or at least that is where he worked.
I shall greatly miss him and his many helpful posts.

QEPD friend.

mcm

Nov 27, 2017, 12:03 PM

Post #5 of 5 (261 views)

Shortcut

I didn't know Scott, but enjoyed his blog, Sparks in Mexico. It sounds as though he had a good, enjoyable life, and was much appreciated by friends and neighbors, and in turn appreciated them. What more can any of us ask for?

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4